OK, With the Cookout and All, We Come Out of the Weekend With a Commit?

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Flyer, it appears the answer to your title question is 'no'. Even in my younger days, the wildest weekends were officially over by Wednesday morning. Of course there could have been some silents, but that's pretty much unverifiable.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Ok Dawg, how long do the UGA faithful give Kirby to win a national championship? Personally, I think he's got 2, MAYBE 3, years to reach the mountain top. IMHO, if he doesn't by then, there'll be hell to pay. Too much talent for anything less.
Interesting question. I think Dawg fans are pretty happy with the progress Kirby is making. I personally, don't have a time table for a National Championship. Right now I think Kirby is focusing on the right things, namely to add quality depth across the board. It's not enough to have 5 stars on the first team... you need 5 stars backing 5 stars and you must have significant first team All SEC representation, plus a number of first round draft players to be at the elite level. We're not quite there yet.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Interesting question. I think Dawg fans are pretty happy with the progress Kirby is making. I personally, don't have a time table for a National Championship. Right now I think Kirby is focusing on the right things, namely to add quality depth across the board. It's not enough to have 5 stars on the first team... you need 5 stars backing 5 stars and you must have significant first team All SEC representation, plus a number of first round draft players to be at the elite level. We're not quite there yet.
OOPS!!! My apologies Dawg !! Didn`t see this before I posted in another thread. I get confused in my old age!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I figure the SEC championship and NC appearance stratched an itch left from 2012, but that won't satisfy for long if recruting remains at current level and 2 or 3 years from now that's all there is to show for it.

I fully expect Georgia to rule the east for the next couple of years and for the SECCG to be highly contended. But if CNS coaches another 5 years or so, the road to the SEC and NC will come thru Alabama most years.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I figure the SEC championship and NC appearance stratched an itch left from 2012, but that won't satisfy for long if recruting remains at current level and 2 or 3 years from now that's all there is to show for it.

I fully expect Georgia to rule the east for the next couple of years and for the SECCG to be highly contended. But if CNS coaches another 5 years or so, the road to the SEC and NC will come thru Alabama most years.

" To be the man....Ya gotta beat the man !! WOOOOOOO! "

The Nature Boy, Ric Flair

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Right now I think Kirby is focusing on the right things, namely to add quality depth across the board. It's not enough to have 5 stars on the first team... you need 5 stars backing 5 stars and you must have significant first team All SEC representation, plus a number of first round draft players to be at the elite level. We're not quite there yet.
You guys are getting too caught up in the star ratings. Not all 5-Stars have the same character. Character matters. Also, you think that 5-Stars will all be content standing on the sideline because they will be thrilled that they are uga. There are a lot of dynamics in play in that situation and it remains to be seen if Kirby can manage that. You obviously think that he will, but the fact remains that he hasn't yet... Time will tell.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

My hope is that Kirby stockpiles talent, but leaves himself some gaping holes in talent on his team. You can have all of the 5* WR, RB you want -- but if your OL is shaky - good luck.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I'm certainly not an insider but I've got to believe that CNS has some silents. I know a lot of the guys we want are pretty big fish and maybe want to delay publicly at this time.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'm certainly not an insider but I've got to believe that CNS has some silents. I know a lot of the guys we want are pretty big fish and maybe want to delay publicly at this time.
I would both hope and expect that you`re correct. With maybe one possible exception, it would appear that everyone left on our board is 4 and 5*. Surely some of those guys are coming!

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Based on last year, I think CNS wants the majority of the class signed in December to avoid last year's Feb. flame out. Wouldn't be surprised if all but 2 or 3 slots are signed in Dec. this time around.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Based on last year, I think CNS wants the majority of the class signed in December to avoid last year's Feb. flame out. Wouldn't be surprised if all but 2 or 3 slots are signed in Dec. this time around.
Me either. Matter of fact, I`ll be surprised if that`s not the case.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Dawg, with all due respect, I give those happy feelings one more year ( this season ). You guys are breathing rarified air right now. You were right at the mountain top last year and were one looked off deep safety from winning it all. It`s a real short trip from there to impatience.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Dawg, with all due respect, I give those happy feelings one more year ( this season ). You guys are breathing rarified air right now. You were right at the mountain top last year and were one looked off deep safety from winning it all. It`s a real short trip from there to impatience.
Agreed. When CNS came, we really were so far removed from being relevant that a few seasons of moving in the right direction we would have been pretty happy. Of course, after the second year and getting beat by the eventual NC we realized how good we were right then and the rest is history. If not for UF and Tebow, we win the NC in CNS's second year.

I guess I see how Dawg fans probably feel the same right now so I don't see a scenario where nothing short of a NC in Kirby's 3rd year will be a disappointment.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.