seeing or listen to Alabama games internationally

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
That's strange. It hits me the opposite. I thought west to east was harder for most.
Maybe it is the fact that I fly coach and, it may not be the same for others, but my mental image of the Infernal Regions is being required to sit up in an airline chair (maybe watching Aubarn football if you were a really bad person) forever. I cannot sleep at all in an economy seat, so when I arrive in Europe, by the time I reach my hotel, I have been awake for 24 hours straight.
On a flight to Saudi Arabia on a big C-141 cargo plane, once we took off, I took my poncho liner (a nylon blanket the same size as a poncho), and crawled under a HMMWV, stretched out and slept for eight hours. I felt great on arrival.
For me, going from Europe to America, I don't sleep on the plane, but I feel fine once I arrive and normally stay awake until 9:00 pm. I sleep through the night and the next day, I'm on 'Merica time.
Maybe it is the sleep deprivation more than the time change.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Maybe it is the fact that I fly coach and, it may not be the same for others, but my mental image of the Infernal Regions is being required to sit up in an airline chair (maybe watching Aubarn football if you were a really bad person) forever. I cannot sleep at all in an economy seat, so when I arrive in Europe, by the time I reach my hotel, I have been awake for 24 hours straight.
On a flight to Saudi Arabia on a big C-141 cargo plane, once we took off, I took my poncho liner (a nylon blanket the same size as a poncho), and crawled under a HMMWV, stretched out and slept for eight hours. I felt great on arrival.
For me, going from Europe to America, I don't sleep on the plane, but I feel fine once I arrive and normally stay awake until 9:00 pm. I sleep through the night and the next day, I'm on 'Merica time.
Maybe it is the sleep deprivation more than the time change.
I don't sleep well on a plane either. We finally went with Delta/KLM EC class, a little better than coach. O f course, I don't fly over there nearly as often as you. I looked at Icelandic Saga class, which is about the same, maybe slightly better, but their website appears to be designed by HS juniors. I just can't see international business for value, except for a couple of times when I used miles. I'm just about a mirror image. I can sleep poorly on the plane, take a short nap and function on CET the next day. Coming back, I drag for three days, even using melatonin to reset my clock...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I went to the ESPN player web page and got a message that said, (I'm paraphrasing): "Hey dummy! You can't sign up for ESPN Player in America! It's only available in Europe and Asia!"
Of course, I don't want to use ESPN Player in America. I want to sign up for it now and use it when I get to someplace where I can use it."

If I have a pet peeve, it is this. Moronic software designers who design these logical loops like this.

Okay, ESPN software morons, I want to sign up for this service effective the day I leave for Europe and I know I will only be able to use it when I am over seas. Why is that so difficult?

Last edited:

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
With all the ways that cannot be mentioned here I hope someone has sent you a PM with the couple of easy ways to watch or even listen. You just need to time time and do so research into the grey web.

RTRinBR

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2003
Baton Rouge, LA USA
If you have a mid to higher end netgear router it has VPN built into it. You can use that to make ESPN think you are in states(at your house even)

I have used the espnplayer in Europe before. I was able to purchase just that weekend for like 19 euro. Dont know how they have billing setup now, I have used either house and/or office VPN for all my travels for many years now. I usually am in Europe or Asia at least two weekends a season.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
There's an Italian phone number that you can call for information.

It's EM1-1100

If I were providing you with the number viva voce, it would, phonetically, sound like this:

Empire One-a

Anudder One-a

A semma ting

A nadding nadding

;)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.