Was Najee Moving on 2nd and 26? (at 3:03 on the tape)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Was Najee Moving on 2nd and 26?

Much like the block punt that was negated by offsides, it should've been a false start penalty instead anyway. So really we're talking about 10 yards of field position difference not a blocked punt or reattempt.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I mean, how many holds/false starts/offsides penalties are missed each game? I would bet a ton.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
So I've never watched the replay of this play very closely I guess. It is close but the center's hand movement is started when Harris moved.

Gallowglas

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2008
Hendersonville, TN

You know...there were calls missed on both sides of the ball by both teams. So even if you say that one was something the refs missed, how about other plays which would have changed things in our favor? Who's to say that the outcome wouldn't have been even more decisive in our favor? Besides, this one...if true...was hardly gratuitous. If it was, more people would have picked up on it right away.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al

So, he watched the whole play . . . saw all kinds of things . . . BUT . . . didn't notice Harris get interfered with. Things that make you go hmmmmm . . .
I thought the same thing, harris was being mugged back there but no one mentioned that lol

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

If you watch carefully he probably moves a fraction of a second early. But it's certainly not a "missed call." Barely noticeable to the naked eye.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I will say the punt block was a missed call by the refs. While it looked live as if Georgia jumped, the replays show otherwise. Of course, we won't bring up Najee being interfered with on Ridley's TD catch.
.it did not look like offsides on replay, but the camera wasnt straight down the line of scrimmage, the ref was. Plus the false start would of nulled the blocked kick. This thread , and the writer is beating a dead horse and only serves to stir up a Georgia fan base that already feels slighted by the game. Of course, The SEC office made sure the big ten refs cheated for the Tide.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

It was not the 2nd and 26 play, but the Ridley catch at 2:30:39.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.