Was Najee Moving on 2nd and 26? (at 3:03 on the tape)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Re: Was Najee Moving on 2nd and 26?

This thread , and the writer is beating a dead horse and only serves to stir up a Georgia fan base that already feels slighted by the game.
I just thought it was odd that this is a story printed in July. Is there no other sports news to report?

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Here's the play for anyone confused by the title of the thread. The play in question is not the 2nd and 26 but the 4th down conversion to tie the game in the 4th....

It's CLOSE..... but if you focus on the Ball then it appears that Najee leaves his stance simultaneously with the snap.

But either way who cares? He got MUGGED in the Endzone and they didn't flag that either.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

To me it looks like he moves just a touch early. But I agree with tusks, Who cares?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I just thought it was odd that this is a story printed in July. Is there no other sports news to report?
Oh, yeah, no I agree it is odd, just saying what the usual purpose of such stories and typical reaction. Living in GA , the missed penalties and the refs in general at not topics I like to discuss, to soon here, maybe always will be?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Here's the play for anyone confused by the title of the thread. The play in question is not the 2nd and 26 but the 4th down conversion to tie the game in the 4th....

It's CLOSE..... but if you focus on the Ball then it appears that Najee leaves his stance simultaneously with the snap.

But either way who cares? He got MUGGED in the Endzone and they didn't flag that either.
Thanks. At one point the title was corrected to reflect that the play was to tie the game; it was like this for only a couple of posts.

pastorbt

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 9, 2017

Focusing on the the ball, which an outside receiver (and line judge) should do, Najee moves at the exact same time. Najee is like a drag car with quick reaction at the light. Could it be that he is one of those fast or quick twitch guys that we hear so much about? TWITCH, He gone!!!!!

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

Can't say I can be sure either way. Nor do I care much. But if it will stir UGA fans up a bit more, I will say "sure, he was moving early. Scoreboard!"

Bamaparrotheads

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2011
Madison, AL

Living where I do, I've heard this a lot. I don't think he moves and I've watched the replay several times with uga fans who swear he moved.
However, Najee got mugged in the back of the end zone, no doubt about that. And Irv also was held and pulled off his route at about the one-yard line. Those two non-calls are undeniable and inarguable.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Living where I do, I've heard this a lot. I don't think he moves and I've watched the replay several times with uga fans who swear he moved.
However, Najee got mugged in the back of the end zone, no doubt about that. And Irv also was held and pulled off his route at about the one-yard line. Those two non-calls are undeniable and inarguable.
At one point, I posted a thread with about a dozen missed calls which favored UGA. They were pretty horrible, hands to the face, clotheslines, etc., not to mention Najee being decked in the EZ. (I think our resident official felt that the flag would have been thrown, if Ridley hadn't completed the TD anyway.) What you have to understand about rival fans, particularly UGA fans, is that they are going to ignore all those and anything indicating that they shouldn't have won. It's just wasted energy to argue with them. They lost, so they are going to obsess for a whole year, or, given their history, maybe decades... ;)

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Really for a game of this magnitude, it was a terrible officiated game. Both teams were the victim and beneficiary of bad calls. So neither side has a right to complain about it IMO.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Really for a game of this magnitude, it was a terrible officiated game. Both teams were the victim and beneficiary of bad calls. So neither side has a right to complain about it IMO.
My problem with it is they have all this technology and they still make the wrong call a lot of the time.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
My problem with it is they have all this technology and they still make the wrong call a lot of the time.
I think Mecole Hardman's TD catch that made it 20-7 is a good example of that. They reviewed that play and allowed it to stand. It looked to me like the rear edge of his foot was out of bounds at the Alabama 20 Yard Line.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I think Mecole Hardman's TD catch that made it 20-7 is a good example of that. They reviewed that play and allowed it to stand. It looked to me like the rear edge of his foot was out of bounds at the Alabama 20 Yard Line.
Yep, there was no green between his shoe and the line which means he was touching it. Our resident college football official suggested his foot was “next to the line” whatever that means. There is no “next to the line”, he’s either touching it or he isn’t. That’s the main problem, there’s just too much room for interpretation.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
People forget about that one. He was clearly out of bounds well before the end zone on that play and it was kind of pivotal because Alabama had a lot of momentum and a 3rd and long. Without that catch, good chance Alabama goes right back down the field on a short field with the RPO rhythm they found with Tua. With that catch but no score, Alabama could possibly hold them to a field goal. That one play was literally the only thing in the second half that saved UGA from very likely losing the game in regulation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.