Will we pass more than we run if Tua is the QB?

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Hopefully we will do very well taking what the defense gives us in any particular game or situation.

rtr

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Hopefully we will do very well taking what the defense gives us in any particular game or situation.

rtr
It will be a case of the defense choosing their own poison. I think we will be a well balanced team that is able to pound it out on the ground or shred the opposing teams' secondaries. Looking forward to watching Coach Locks' offense.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
It will be a case of the defense choosing their own poison. I think we will be a well balanced team that is able to pound it out on the ground or shred the opposing teams' secondaries. Looking forward to watching Coach Locks' offense.
I'm glad to see so much confidence in our offense. What about OL? they pretty much struggled the last few years up front. We have lot of talent on the roster, but it all boils down to how the guys execute on the field. What if we struggle to throw the ball down the field? What if OL can't block well? What if the running game is real good, but passing game could be a concern. It doesn't matter who's behind the center, everything has to be in sync. That's why I think we will run the ball little more than passing in the beginning to get everyone comfortable.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I'm glad to see so much confidence in our offense. What about OL? they pretty much struggled the last few years up front. We have lot of talent on the roster, but it all boils down to how the guys execute on the field. What if we struggle to throw the ball down the field? What if OL can't block well? What if the running game is real good, but passing game could be a concern. It doesn't matter who's behind the center, everything has to be in sync. That's why I think we will run the ball little more than passing in the beginning to get everyone comfortable.
The only thing that concerns me is the injury bug. I for one will say some prayers that all our players stay healthy. I think our OL will be good. Our running backs very good. There is no worry about the passing game with our receivers and with Tua at the helm. Of course, I am hoping Jalen and Mac do well also. I think we will have a balanced attack. Earlier in the season we may run more, but we saw in the NC game that against good defenses you have to pass to open up the running game. I am ready to get this season going.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If you are up by four touchdowns at halftime, there is little reason to pass very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
If you are up by four touchdowns at halftime, there is little reason to pass very much.

Precisely why I answered that I think we'll see a more aggressive passing attack in the first 2-3 quarters and then more runs to balance out or even tip it toward a majority of rushes toward the end.

But I do think for one of the first times under CNS we have a "weapon" at qb that will be able to punish defensive secondaries!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There is if the backup QB needs the work. Imagine how last year would have ended if Tua had run the same type of mop-up plays that most 2nd string QBs run.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I predict this year's OL will be one of the best in the country.
And it will certainly help that we are typically a great run blocking OL and their pass rush blocking will look even better with a guy who knows how to use the pocket with great footwork and who has a lightning fast release.

I remember those great Miami teams with Dan Marino. He didn't need much time to find a guy and he had one of the best/fastest releases in football history. Not saying Tua's that good, but he's doggone fast!

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
If Tua, who, besides him, is the biggest beneficiary? I say JJ if healthy. Guy has looked to have the potential to be awesome when healthy as a third down back and seems to have pretty good hands and decent blitz pickups. I bet he is Tua's biggest cheerleader cause if he doesn't get the nod, then I'm afraid JJ and his skills won't ever be realized.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
At his current arc I think the AJ comparisons would be accurate. AJ was efficient and accurate with his throws and that led to very good statistical games without AJ having to pass the ball a whole lot.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
...What about OL? they pretty much struggled the last few years up front. We have lot of talent on the roster, but it all boils down to how the guys execute on the field.
They've actually been a good run blocking unit. The last 2 years their pass blocking has been better than it has looked because usually Jalen does not have good pocket presence or get rid of the ball on time.

What if we struggle to throw the ball down the field? What if OL can't block well? What if the running game is real good, but passing game could be a concern. It doesn't matter who's behind the center, everything has to be in sync.
If Tua is the QB there should be no problem throwing the ball down the field and the passing game overall will be vastly improved. And it matters very much who is behind the center. If it's Tua things will improve dramatically. Jalen's passing woes not only affected the passing game but the running game. Eventually, by the end of the year it began to affect the defense both physically and psychologically.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.