Race for the #1 Ranking Class - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Red face Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

Good thing for us that Kirby can't recruit without crib notes.
    Last edited by CrimsonEyeshade; July 31st, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

So, I just checked the ranking and not only was I surprised that UGA was #2 but how close to #1 they were. Not to say I am worried about UGA, I just don't like them at all.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by JBama3 View Post
    So, I just checked the ranking and not only was I surprised that UGA was #2 but how close to #1 they were. Not to say I am worried about UGA, I just don't like them at all.
    They`re a threat, no question about it. Personally, considering their last 2-3 classes, if next year`s class for UGA equals what will be this year`s class, I think that they will be on par talent and depth wise with us. They will be the first SEC team to really do that since CNS got here. IMO, that means games with them will come down to, primarily, coaching strategy/ability and where both teams might be in handling injuries that may have occurred. We will not enjoy the rather wide talent gap that has existed, for the most part, during CNS`s tenure. I like our chances, but I see more classic confrontations down the road. Better buckle up.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    What?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So far, they've only gotten 2 commitments for the OL.....sorry, trying to do on iphone.....
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    Currently Alabama and Georgia are in tug-o-war for the top class and I admit Georgia is scarring me by getting all those five stars that used to sign with Bama. Interesting is three SEC teams at the top.

1. Alabama 2. Georgia 3. Texas A&M 4. Clemson 5. Oklahoma

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Fo...teTeamRankings
    Bama will have few players who will get 5 stars and Georgia will lose few players to flip.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Bama will have few players who will get 5 stars and Georgia will lose few players to flip.
    Hmmmm.

Care to speculate on who, and to where?

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    Hmmmm.

Care to speculate on who, and to where?
    My guess as of now: Bama currently have 1 5 star rankings. 18 4-stars. Every year, we usually see a bump or drop from their star rankings.
    All of the current recruits who are committed to Bama are rated 80 or better. It is possible that we might see 1-3 players that might get bumped up to 5 stars. I don't know who.

Also, we're targeting Kayvon Thibodeaux and Darnell Wright. If they pick Bama.... It's pretty much solid as far as #1... It'll be close.. but no matter what happens, we'll finish in top 2.

Georgia is interesting case to watch because, It's a state with load of talents so if they lose someone, they can pluck another one. They might lose 5 star... and get a 4 star.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Agreed, but the talking heads would have you believe that it`s over, finis, kaput. It`s what they`re waiting for, especially ding dongs like Kanell, Bayless. etc., etc. Just watch.
    Sure, they will - they've all ready done it several times in this run. Bama has lost a game almost every year and several times (A&M '12, AU '13, OM 14&15, etc.) several in the media have declared the end. There's nothing one can do about what others say. And thankfully, they are often wrong.

In today's world, with so much money and pride at stake, neither the rest of the SEC nor the nation are going to lay down and let anyone have free reign. OSU, OU, Texas, Clemson, Michigan and others are doing everything they can to topple Alabama. Just because the SEC has been somewhat incompetent of late doesn't mean that it's not doing everything it can to dethrone the Tide. One reason for their problems is that they weren't satisfied because of Bama and in most instances their remedy failed. But UT with Pruitt, UGA with Smart, A&M with Fisher and AU with GM are all doing everything in their power to become or remain relevant. I feel sorry for LSU but if they have the money they will try to do it with O's replacement. UF tried but had to settle for DM, who is a good coach but a poor recruiter and thus, IMO he will have trouble consistently competing at a high level. Others like MSU may be able to step up intermittently. But they're all "comin" in O's parlance or trying.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by BearFan View Post
    So where are the other 4 Georgia 5 stars committed? Is GA out of the running for them?
    Tenn, The Barn, Michigan, and Clemson.

247 sports says:

Wanya Morris is a Tenn and Barner battle.

Owen Pappoe is a Barn and UGA battle ... Barners flipped him in May

Chris Hinton is a race between Michigan and the UGA

Andrew Booth is a race between Clemson and the barn

I agree with B1G Tide though ... fear no one.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    My guess as of now: Bama currently have 1 5 star rankings. 18 4-stars. Every year, we usually see a bump or drop from their star rankings.
    All of the current recruits who are committed to Bama are rated 80 or better. It is possible that we might see 1-3 players that might get bumped up to 5 stars. I don't know who.

Also, we're targeting Kayvon Thibodeaux and Darnell Wright. If they pick Bama.... It's pretty much solid as far as #1... It'll be close.. but no matter what happens, we'll finish in top 2.

Georgia is interesting case to watch because, It's a state with load of talents so if they lose someone, they can pluck another one. They might lose 5 star... and get a 4 star.
    You left out Sanders, Hill, Sopsher and Webb, all who are 5*, that are seriously considering us. I think there is a high likelihood we finish #1. As I have mentioned we will most likely sign 28 in this class and I don't believe UGA will sign this many.

BamaNation All-SEC

I think Bama will take the 1st spot this class.............and possibly next year as well. Certainly got a nice TE today for the 2020 class

I think I missed something? Who'd we get?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    I think Bama will take the 1st spot this class.............and possibly next year as well. Certainly got a nice TE today for the 2020 class

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    I think I missed something? Who'd we get?[/B]
    Caden Clark https://247sports.com/college/alabam...rk--120251560/