Race for the #1 Ranking Class - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 90
  1. #27
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,803

    Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    You left out Sanders, Hill, Sopsher and Webb, all who are 5*, that are seriously considering us. I think there is a high likelihood we finish #1. As I have mentioned we will most likely sign 28 in this class and I don't believe UGA will sign this many.

    I didn't forget about them. I'm just saying with those guys... it's enough to land #1... but if we get rest.. that's a huge bonus.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

  2. #28
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    320

    Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

    Quote Originally Posted by BAMAVILLE View Post
    To keep everything in perspective ... the state of Georgia is loaded with 5 stars this year. 7 total per 247sports ... UGA only has 3 of them. Bama's class is far from finished, most of the guys left we have projected to come in are 5 stars as well so we will be good to go.
    Four if you include DRob in this signing class. Odd the NCAA doesn't recognize a transfer in the current class. Nevertheless, he shouldn't be overlooked, especially if he gets to play right away.

    In general, there's a long way to go and Bama will land more 5*'s. I think those two schools will finish 1 & 2. Who sits at the top is anyone's guess at this stage. At the end of the day it's about filling needs and adding quality depth.

  3. #29
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    320

    Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    You left out Sanders, Hill, Sopsher and Webb, all who are 5*, that are seriously considering us. I think there is a high likelihood we finish #1. As I have mentioned we will most likely sign 28 in this class and I don't believe UGA will sign this many.
    Correct, we're projected to sign 21-23 in this class. However, if we get to the end and need to make room for a 5*, the poor kid with 3*'s next to his name will probably be asked to look at other options. This is just a fact of life at Top 5 schools.

    Georgia is currently ranked number 2, but our Average is a point higher than anyone else.

  4. #30
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,758

    Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

    Dawg, you probably missed my question posted earlier in this thread. How long does Kirby have to win a national championship, in your opinion? My thinking, with the talent level and the expectations from last year, if he doesn`t do it in the next couple of years, there`s going to be an awful lot of disappointed and upset UGA fans. What say you?

  5. #31
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,758

    Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

    Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Dawg, you probably missed my question posted earlier in this thread. How long does Kirby have to win a national championship, in your opinion? My thinking, with the talent level and the expectations from last year, if he doesn`t do it in the next couple of years, there`s going to be an awful lot of disappointed and upset UGA fans. What say you?
    Never mind! Sorry Dawg! Saw your response.

  6. #32
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,763

    Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Correct, we're projected to sign 21-23 in this class. However, if we get to the end and need to make room for a 5*, the poor kid with 3*'s next to his name will probably be asked to look at other options. This is just a fact of life at Top 5 schools.

    Georgia is currently ranked number 2, but our Average is a point higher than anyone else.
    Yep. This happens with us every year. The one I feel bad for is the DL Cheney who was committed to UGA and is now committed to us but he is currently not expected to be part of our class either. There will be a lot of culling going on at the top programs which will help some of the other programs.

  7. #33
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    2,078

    Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

    Hinton isn't a UGA vs UM battle. He talks to us more than anyone knows. UGA will recruit well but will they develop their players ? Is Kirby a leader ? Is Georgia overrated at the top in player rankings ? Last year we had terrible instate class and coaches leaving. We still got the best WR in the nation from Texas (not only my opinion but the staff) and hit on all of the secondary as well as the best prospect in Anoma. (Enjoy watching that freak the next three years)

    Also Theo WR from Texas talks to our staff a lot and the communication comes from him not the other way.

  8. #34
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boaz, AL USA
    Posts
    10,277
    Thread Starter

    Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Four if you include DRob in this signing class. Odd the NCAA doesn't recognize a transfer in the current class. Nevertheless, he shouldn't be overlooked, especially if he gets to play right away.

    In general, there's a long way to go and Bama will land more 5*'s. I think those two schools will finish 1 & 2. Who sits at the top is anyone's guess at this stage. At the end of the day it's about filling needs and adding quality depth.
    I hope they change that so that transfers will be counted. Next year there should be a boatload of them and that could really alter the rankings if they are not counted.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

  9. #35
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    320

    Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

    Georgia just landed the #1 JUCO player in the nation, Jermaine Johnson (DE). That just put us at in the #1 spot. Again, this ranking will be fluid and a battle to the end. FWIW, I don't think any other schools can overtake Georgia and Bama for the class title.

  10. #36
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,763

    Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Georgia just landed the #1 JUCO player in the nation, Jermaine Johnson (DE). That just put us at in the #1 spot. Again, this ranking will be fluid and a battle to the end. FWIW, I don't think any other schools can overtake Georgia and Bama for the class title.
    Agreed. I think we finish #1 due to number of signees.

  11. #37
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boaz, AL USA
    Posts
    10,277
    Thread Starter

    Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

    Here is why I am concerned. Many are expecting Georgia to have a down year because they lost all those starters. But ….. I remember when they used to say the same about us but how they just say "Nick" will plug new 5 stars in" and we will be fine and it turns out that true. Georgia is not going anywhere and in fact may be the new king of recruiting.

    Plug and Play -- Recruiting in last five years:

    Alabama 5 stars: 22 4 stars: 74
    Georgia 5 stars: 17 4 stars: 65

    as of now:

    Alabama 5 stars: 1 4 stars: 18
    Georgia 5 stars: 5 4 stars: 11

    The gap is closing. That concerns me.
    Last edited by Redwood Forrest; August 4th, 2018 at 05:20 AM.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

  12. #38
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    320

    Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    Here is why I am concerned. Many are expecting Georgia to have a down year because they lost all those starters. But ….. I remember when they used to say the same about us but how they just say "Nick" will plug new 5 stars in" and we will be fine and it turns out that true. Georgia is not going anywhere and in fact may be the new king of recruiting.

    Plug and Play -- Recruiting in last five years:

    Alabama 5 stars: 22 4 stars: 74
    Georgia 5 stars: 17 4 stars: 65

    as of now:

    Alabama 5 stars: 1 4 stars: 18
    Georgia 5 stars: 5 4 stars: 11

    The gap is closing. That concerns me.
    This is why college football is king and why the SEC is so compelling to watch. A real legit rivalry is brewing and that's good for the game.

  13. #39
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,758

    Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    This is why college football is king and why the SEC is so compelling to watch. A real legit rivalry is brewing and that's good for the game.
    IMO with one more stellar class after this one, on top of the last 2-3, UGA will have the talent and depth to go man for man with us. They will be the first since about the second or third year of CNS`s tenure. Then it will come down to coaching, preparation, and who has the best injury luck during the season when UA and UGA do play.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear