Race for the #1 Ranking Class - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

Re: Race for the #1 Ranking Class

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Sometimes it's not just the kids that succumb to the " you da' man " syndrome.
    Had a major college golf coach explain why he only had 7 players, when most teams had at least 10. Besides having to split up scholarship money -- only 4.5 per team -- he said, "I only have 2 sets of parents to deal with when we play tournaments and their son doesn't go." Much of the time parents are far worse than their children.

A dean at a major ACC school said that they have replaced the term "helicopter" parents with "bulldozer" parents. They want to bulldoze every obstacle out of the way for their child. He had to reserve 3-4 hours every Friday afternoon during the school term to return phone calls of parents who wanted their child's grade changed -- which he was not about to do.

And we wonder why millennials are like they are -- look at our parenting...

Thus endeth the sermon....
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

On running back committed thus far. Assuming he sticks, are we looking for two more in this cycle? One?

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bama579 View Post
    On running back committed thus far. Assuming he sticks, are we looking for two more in this cycle? One?
    I think we feel pretty good about Trey Sanders. I'm not sure of any others.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    I'm perfectly capable of stepping up to the mean and nasty table, but for the most part I've been treated fairly, so there's no need to go medieval.

FWIW, Georgia is back on top of the rankings!
    Dawg, you cannot change Bammers by stating facts or opinions. Most of us have several pairs of Crimson glasses. You are wasting you time defending the dogs. Just saying it will be easier not to get into the changing mindset posts. I learned that on another teams fan board. No matter how I tried I could not break through their crap. Now I just shake me head and move on.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Not taking his side in this discussion, but I took his post to mean that he hopes and expects GA to stay in contention with Smart as head coach, making it plural down the road, once that has been achieved. He is getting ahead of himself, but I don't blame him for being excited. He just needs to keep in mind that Saban is the best in the game, and Smart will have to beat Saban for GA fans to see this materialize into anything more than they achieved under Richt.
    Kirby may be all the dawg fan thinks he is but a couple great recruiting classes, a Sec championship and a loss in the NC game is no reason to come to Bama boards to gloat. UGA fans will eat it up on their boards but here it is gloating.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by HITIDE View Post
    Kirby may be all the dawg fan thinks he is but a couple great recruiting classes, a Sec championship and a loss in the NC game is no reason tocome to Bama boards to gloat. UGA fans will eat it up on their boards but here it is gloating.
    Well, that`s all a high water mark that covers what, the last 20-25 years? What`s become relatively routine stuff for us is pretty damn skippy for them. Thus the gloat.
    This is rarified air for them.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HITIDE View Post
    Kirby may be all the dawg fan thinks he is but a couple great recruiting classes, a Sec championship and a loss in the NC game is no reason to come to Bama boards to gloat. UGA fans will eat it up on their boards but here it is gloating.
    I get a hint of that. Maybe you are right. But he is at least trying to be subtle about it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    As I've stated on this board several times, Richt was great at bringing in flashy talent in certain positions. What Richt lacked that Bama, Clemson and Ohio St. has done over the years is amass top tier talent across all positions. To win Championships you need to be talented and deep across the board, not just in 3 or 4 positions. Georgia has never had 5*'s backing 5*'s across the board. However, that's changing under Kirby Smart. We're still not there yet, but we're closing the talent game.
    Even if we give you the benefit of the doubt and assume Kirby is able to do what you are suggesting, are you going to be satisfied with what Clemson and Ohio State have to show for the talent?

Will one NC be enough OR do you think Kirby can rival less than half of what CNS has done and win more than 1 NC in the foreseeable future.

I think the hill is steeper than you think.

BamaNation All-SEC

Remember when I told everyone Kirby was promising the world to recruits that he couldn't possibly keep. Things this week that make you go hmm.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    Remember when I told everyone Kirby was promising the world to recruits that he couldn't possibly keep. Things this week that make you go hmm.
    What happened...?

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    What happened...?
    I suspect jam is referring to the recent decommitment of Jadon Haselwood, 5* WR and long time UGA commit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    I suspect jam is referring to the recent decommitment of Jadon Haselwood, 5* WR and long time UGA commit.
    Along with 4* CB Jalen Perry yesterday.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson