Race for the #1 Ranking Class

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
To keep everything in perspective ... the state of Georgia is loaded with 5 stars this year. 7 total per 247sports ... UGA only has 3 of them. Bama's class is far from finished, most of the guys left we have projected to come in are 5 stars as well so we will be good to go.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Currently Alabama and Georgia are in tug-o-war for the top class and I admit Georgia is scarring me by getting all those five stars that used to sign with Bama. Interesting is three SEC teams at the top.

1. Alabama 2. Georgia 3. Texas A&M 4. Clemson 5. Oklahoma

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
Check back in December and February and you will see our 5*s. We have 7 or 8 strongly considering us and will end up with at least 4 more. We will most likely sign more than them also. Don't ever be scared of UGA.

BearFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 26, 2016
Tulsa, OK
To keep everything in perspective ... the state of Georgia is loaded with 5 stars this year. 7 total per 247sports ... UGA only has 3 of them. Bama's class is far from finished, most of the guys left we have projected to come in are 5 stars as well so we will be good to go.
So where are the other 4 Georgia 5 stars committed? Is GA out of the running for them?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
When/where it mattered, Alabama came out on top. Right now, Alabama fans should fear no one.
Okay, not scared. Maybe I can be concerned?

We already knew Georgia finished 2018’s Signing Day with the second highest-rated class ever, breaking Alabama’s seven-year streak, one month after nearly toppling Bama’s title dynasty on the field as well.

Most importantly, UGA dominated its division, hilariously outpacing the SEC East for the second class in a row.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...804/georgia-recruiting-2019-rankings-sec-east

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Okay, not scared. Maybe I can be concerned?

We already knew Georgia finished 2018’s Signing Day with the second highest-rated class ever, breaking Alabama’s seven-year streak, one month after nearly toppling Bama’s title dynasty on the field as well.

Most importantly, UGA dominated its division, hilariously outpacing the SEC East for the second class in a row.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...804/georgia-recruiting-2019-rankings-sec-east
UGA did not break Alabama's streak, UGA and 4-6 others did. Bama simply had an off year for various reasons, little of which was related to UGA. They are recruiting well and will continue to do so. They did under Richt and now better with CKS. Saban is the better coach with the better staff and good enough players. The only coach I am concerned about on UGA's staff is Pittman. Other than that Bama is as good or better, especially at HC. Somebody was going to rise up to challenge in the SEC. UGA is the current foil like UF and LSU, then OSU, then Clemson nationally. Actually, it makes it more fun. Last year was a thrill for many reasons, but the NC could not have been more exciting or satisfying.

Btw, if someone beats Bama, they haven't toppled Bama's dynasty. This program is incredibly resilient. LSU's win in '11, nor AU's in '13, nor OM's in '14 or '15, nor Clemson's in '16 did. Though there were many who were hoping and saying it each case. If Bama's loses a game or the title this year, it doesn't mean the dynasty is over. Bama's lost a few under Saban but they do not quit.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
No doubt Kirby is building a powerhouse over there, but the Master is still the Master and until he gets knocked off of the hill he is still the one everyone should be concerned with, not Georgia.

rtr

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
UGA did not break Alabama's streak, UGA and 4-6 others did. Bama simply had an off year for various reasons, little of which was related to UGA. They are recruiting well and will continue to do so. They did under Richt and now better with CKS. Saban is the better coach with the better staff and good enough players. The only coach I am concerned about on UGA's staff is Pittman. Other than that Bama is as good or better, especially at HC. Somebody was going to rise up to challenge in the SEC. UGA is the current foil like UF and LSU, then OSU, then Clemson nationally. Actually, it makes it more fun. Last year was a thrill for many reasons, but the NC could not have been more exciting or satisfying.

Btw, if someone beats Bama, they haven't toppled Bama's dynasty. This program is incredibly resilient. LSU's win in '11, nor AU's in '13, nor OM's in '14 or '15, nor Clemson's in '16 did. Though there were many who were hoping and saying it each case. If Bama's loses a game or the title this year, it doesn't mean the dynasty is over. Bama's lost a few under Saban but they do not quit.
Agreed, but the talking heads would have you believe that it`s over, finis, kaput. It`s what they`re waiting for, especially ding dongs like Kanell, Bayless. etc., etc. Just watch.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
So, I just checked the ranking and not only was I surprised that UGA was #2 but how close to #1 they were. Not to say I am worried about UGA, I just don't like them at all.
They`re a threat, no question about it. Personally, considering their last 2-3 classes, if next year`s class for UGA equals what will be this year`s class, I think that they will be on par talent and depth wise with us. They will be the first SEC team to really do that since CNS got here. IMO, that means games with them will come down to, primarily, coaching strategy/ability and where both teams might be in handling injuries that may have occurred. We will not enjoy the rather wide talent gap that has existed, for the most part, during CNS`s tenure. I like our chances, but I see more classic confrontations down the road. Better buckle up.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Hmmmm.

Care to speculate on who, and to where?
My guess as of now: Bama currently have 1 5 star rankings. 18 4-stars. Every year, we usually see a bump or drop from their star rankings.
All of the current recruits who are committed to Bama are rated 80 or better. It is possible that we might see 1-3 players that might get bumped up to 5 stars. I don't know who.

Also, we're targeting Kayvon Thibodeaux and Darnell Wright. If they pick Bama.... It's pretty much solid as far as #1... It'll be close.. but no matter what happens, we'll finish in top 2.

Georgia is interesting case to watch because, It's a state with load of talents so if they lose someone, they can pluck another one. They might lose 5 star... and get a 4 star.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.