Mollie Tibbetts - missing 20 year old coed in Iowa

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
It took 38 years for I-22 to be built, all 220 miles of it. Our border with Mexico is 1,950 miles.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It took 38 years for I-22 to be built, all 220 miles of it. Our border with Mexico is 1,950 miles.
When that new interstate was proposed a couple weeks ago, I laughed at everyone who got up in arms about it. My (not yet born) grandkids would be dead before it would be finished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
This is your brain on Fox News. A wall will not stop immigrants. It’s funny how blood isn’t on the hands of Republicans for every person killed with a gun but this somehow falls on Democrats for not wanting to waste taxpayer money on a wall that won’t do much of anything.
What if it keeps one extra person alive? How many saved lives would it take to be worth it?

I do find it ironic that Dems see an inanimate object like a gun as being responsible for countless deaths annually, but an inantimate object like a wall can't keep our people, and prevent drugs and guns from coming in.

A wall works if it's patrolled and people are arrested if they try to sneak by. If the penalty is sufficient then it will stop

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
What if it keeps one extra person alive? How many saved lives would it take to be worth it?

I do find it ironic that Dems see an inanimate object like a gun as being responsible for countless deaths annually, but an inantimate object like a wall can't keep our people, and prevent drugs and guns from coming in.

A wall works if it's patrolled and people are arrested if they try to sneak by. If the penalty is sufficient then it will stop
The current border is patrolled and people are arrested if they try to sneak by.

I find it ironic that you think I was saying an inanimate object like a gun is responsible for deaths when I was merely using it as an example of the goofy logic being applied by the person I quoted.

Billions upon billions of dollars to save one life. Interesting thesis coming from a conservative.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Blood in on the hands of all democrat lawmakers in Washington. There has been chance after chance to do something, but because either they are obstructing Trump or just want these things to happen the libs refuse to support the POTUS and the majority of citizens.

The dems want open borders so these criminals can continue to come in. This is just insanity. Democrats, please take a deep breath and instead of reacting defensively, contact your congress reps and tell them to build the wall!!
Bless your heart. I thought your idiot president was going to make Mexico pay for it. Now it's the Democrats' fault he made a promise he can't keep? Not to mention it's geographically impossible to build, people already tunnel under the one we have, and we can't afford it because the GOP just gave away a trillion dollars to corporations and the 1%.

Last edited:

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
We have hit the jackpot, fellas.

We gots the Scary Scary Illegal meme conjoined with the Missing White Female meme.

In all seriousness, one of these things is not like the other. The fact that the alleged perp is illegal has nothing to do with the commitment of a heinous crime. A murderer is a murderer. Be he/she white, black, brown, gay, straight, natural-born, immigrant, undocumented.

I didn't catch the nightly crapfest from 45's Twitter account, but I can wager that he followed the same pattern. And I can see him using this girl's tragedy as a poster for his border control fetishes.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The scumbag is claiming he "blacked out", yet he remembered exactly where the body was. No death penalty in Iowa, so at worst he gets life in prison. Unless they find his DNA on some unsolved murders in a death penalty state.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
We have hit the jackpot, fellas.

We gots the Scary Scary Illegal meme conjoined with the Missing White Female meme.

In all seriousness, one of these things is not like the other. The fact that the alleged perp is illegal has nothing to do with the commitment of a heinous crime. A murderer is a murderer. Be he/she white, black, brown, gay, straight, natural-born, immigrant, undocumented.

I didn't catch the nightly crapfest from 45's Twitter account, but I can wager that he followed the same pattern. And I can see him using this girl's tragedy as a poster for his border control fetishes.
Some of the posters would have some legitimate credibility if they exhibited the same level of concern over deaths from violence from many causes in the US including school shootings. I haven't seen any outcry from them over making our schools safe or finding solutions to gun crime or deaths related to prescription drugs. As we see however, let one death occur from a brown illegal immigrant and others are pointed at for not supporting building a $50 bil. wall.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It is sickening that the left and the right use tragedies to push their political agendas. The right will push this for their political advantage and the left is upset only because it wasn’t a white guy with a gun. If it had been don’t think for a second that they would not be pushing for more gun laws. Both sides of the aisle make me sick. This is what we are now. Both political parties using something like this to their advantages.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
https://nypost.com/2018/08/22/suspe...rder-worked-on-farm-owned-by-iowa-gop-family/

The illegal immigrant who allegedly killed college student Mollie Tibbetts had worked for years at a farm owned by a prominent Iowa Republican family, a report said Tuesday night.

Cristhian Rivera — the 24-year-old man who is suspected of murdering Tibbetts while she was out jogging — was an “employee in good standing” at Yarrabee Farms, which is owned by the family of former Iowa official Craig Lang, according to the Des Moines Register.

Craig Lang is the former president of the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation and a 2018 Republican candidate for state secretary of agriculture, according to the Register.

Following the arrest of Rivera, Republicans across the country including Iowa’s governor blasted what they consider the lax immigration laws that led to Tibbetts’ death.

“As Iowans, we are heartbroken, and we are angry,” Gov. Kim Reynolds wrote on Twitter.

“We are angry that a broken immigration system allowed a predator like this to live in our community, and we will do all we can to bring justice to Mollie’s killer.”
Oops Valley View, guess not all the blood is on those filthy lib's hands. But please don't let a good tragedy go to waste and press on.

Also from this article it sounds like this guy was legally here until recently when his status may have changed.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It is sickening that the left and the right use tragedies to push their political agendas. The right will push this for their political advantage and the left is upset only because it wasn’t a white guy with a gun. If it had been don’t think for a second that they would not be pushing for more gun laws. Both sides of the aisle make me sick. This is what we are now. Both political parties using something like this to their advantages.
source?

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
https://www.tidefans.com/forums/non-sports

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
blood in on the hands of all democrat lawmakers in washington. There has been chance after chance to do something, but because either they are obstructing trump or just want these things to happen the libs refuse to support the potus and the majority of citizens.

The dems want open borders so these criminals can continue to come in. This is just insanity. Democrats, please take a deep breath and instead of reacting defensively, contact your congress reps and tell them to build the wall!!
sarah huckamee sanders after las vegas shooting said:
“this is an unspeakable tragedy. Today is a day for consoling of survivors and mourning those we lost," said sarah huckabee sanders, the white house press secretary. "there is a time and place for political debate but now is a time to unite as a country.”
Whats the going rate on how many days you have to let people grieve after violence before making it political?

Mass Shootings = 1-2 weeks
Illegal murders pretty white girl = 1 day

Seems about right

Edit: for context

AFTER MOLLIE TIBBETTS'S DEATH, WHITE HOUSE RELEASES 'PERMANENTLY SEPARATED' VIDEO ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION CRIME

Last edited:

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
https://nypost.com/2018/08/22/suspe...rder-worked-on-farm-owned-by-iowa-gop-family/

Oops Valley View, guess not all the blood is on those filthy lib's hands. But please don't let a good tragedy go to waste and press on.

Also from this article it sounds like this guy was legally here until recently when his status may have changed.
Just because the criminal worked for a Republican doesn't mean he has blood on his hands. The Democrats have blocked every border initiative the POTUS has tried. The Democrats campaign for open borders and sanctuary cities. When something like this happens of course the open border people will be banned. Anything extra is better than what we have no, doing nothing is not an option.

Do Democrats on this board really want open borders; where anyone can just come across the border, check in and get a SSI number and start collecting benefits, enrolling their kids who don't speak English in our schools? Do Democrats really believe in sanctuary cities where people like this killer could go and be protected from justice? Is this what you want? If so, please explain. Or do you just hate Trump and automatically go against anything he proposes? I don't understand the logic here, and yes I have been educated including at UA.

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Just because the criminal worked for a Republican doesn't mean he has blood on his hands. The Democrats have blocked every border initiative the POTUS has tried. The Democrats campaign for open borders and sanctuary cities. When something like this happens of course the open boarder people will be banned. Anything extra is better than what we have no, doing nothing is not an option.

Do Democrats on this board really want open boarders; where anyone can just come across the boarder, check in and get a SSI number and start collecting benefits, enrolling their kids who don't speak English in our schools? Do Democrats really believe in sanctuary cities where people like this killer could go and be protected from justice? Is this what you want? If so, please explain. Or do you just hate Trump and automatically go against anything he proposes? I don't understand the logic here, and yes I have been educated including at UA.
I’m for open boarders generally. I like to know the people that are getting on boats and planes with me. Although sometimes I’ve been in a really bad mood and was a closed boarder.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just because the criminal worked for a Republican doesn't mean he has blood on his hands. The Democrats have blocked every border initiative the POTUS has tried. The Democrats campaign for open borders and sanctuary cities. When something like this happens of course the open boarder people will be banned. Anything extra is better than what we have no, doing nothing is not an option.

Do Democrats on this board really want open boarders; where anyone can just come across the boarder, check in and get a SSI number and start collecting benefits, enrolling their kids who don't speak English in our schools? Do Democrats really believe in sanctuary cities where people like this killer could go and be protected from justice? Is this what you want? If so, please explain. Or do you just hate Trump and automatically go against anything he proposes? I don't understand the logic here, and yes I have been educated including at UA.
Why don't you provide us with quotes from politicians of any stripe saying they want "open boarders?" OK, go...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Yet Trump put the kabosh on a bipartisan deal that was a big step in the right direction, simply because he didn’t get his wall money. Waaaaaaah
But keep bashing the Dems - says more about you than it does about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.