Mollie Tibbetts - missing 20 year old coed in Iowa

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Washington Post: New York Gov. Cuomo sends ICE cease-and-desist letter, calls arrests ‘illegal’

New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo (D) issued a cease-and-desist letter to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement on Wednesday, accusing the agency of making illegal arrests and describing its “aggressive tactics” in recent immigration raids across the state as unconstitutional and “un-American.”
This is what I am talking about with regard to sanctuary cities. If the governor of the state of NY says he will not enforce the law, then it is hard for me to accept the argument that an illegal immigrant in New York is a criminal. It is like saying someone going 65 mph on i-285 is a criminal.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
A couple more articles on sterilization:

Washington Post: Second Thoughts on Sterilization

And often, it was a choice made in ignorance. Rosilene Assis Costa, 31, said that when she was sterilized in 1988, she had a 20-minute conversation with her doctor. He did not suggest that she wait and did not offer other options. In a whisper-soft voice heavy with sadness, Costa said she had doubts about sterilization but relented because "my friends had told me that after seven years, I could get it reversed."
The Goiania women cannot afford such fees, and have sought out Mario Approbato, head of a government-subsidized program aimed at helping women to recover their fertility. Patients pay about $250, but the program accepts only 20 percent of those who apply."If we didn't have that ceiling," Approbato said, "we'd have 100 women in here [applying] every week, easily."
My question is organizations like IPPF are really pro choice, then why haven't they helped us reversing sterilizations. Until they do, Planned Parenthood are pro contraception and not pro choice.

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
If the Gov of NY refuses to enforce the law then NY needs a new Gov. If we don't like the laws then we work to change them we don't ignore them.
Washington Post: New York Gov. Cuomo sends ICE cease-and-desist letter, calls arrests ‘illegal’

This is what I am talking about with regard to sanctuary cities. If the governor of the state of NY says he will not enforce the law, then it is hard for me to accept the argument that an illegal immigrant in New York is a criminal. It is like saying someone going 65 mph on i-285 is a criminal.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
A couple more articles on sterilization:

Washington Post: Second Thoughts on Sterilization

My question is organizations like IPPF are really pro choice, then why haven't they helped us reversing sterilizations. Until they do, Planned Parenthood are pro contraception and not pro choice.
This is an interesting topic and (IMHO) deserves its own thread. The US had a similar issue in the '90's (really still ongoing, but it was worse and more blatant then) and policies were changed to at least tell more of the truth to young women about the permanence of the procedure. Based on recent interactions there are still some shady things going on but not like in this program's heyday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.