Are We in Direct Competition with tOSU for Anybody?

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Yes, but it will effect them more going forward 2020. I hope we can get Wilson to visit ,but mostly it is Wr recruits for this year. If urban leaves their coaching staff will be gutted.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
There's interesting recruiting play at stake. Harry Miller is the #2 Center in the nation behind Clay Webb. Miller is from Buford Georgia and committed to Ohio St. I don't see how Meyer survives this scandal, therefore both Bama and Georgia could see an interesting tug of war for the services of both Clay Webb and Harry Miller. I still think Bama has the edge for Webb.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There's interesting recruiting play at stake. Harry Miller is the #2 Center in the nation behind Clay Webb. Miller is from Buford Georgia and committed to Ohio St. I don't see how Meyer survives this scandal, therefore both Bama and Georgia could see an interesting tug of war for the services of both Clay Webb and Harry Miller. I still think Bama has the edge for Webb.
Miller was recruited by Day, who would take over if Meyer is fired. I doubt that we lose Miller. This is a dead period, so we can't actively do anything to shore up those relationships, but other schools can't use negative recruiting tactics right now, either. We'll have to see how this plays out, but the dead period gives us time to manage this.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Miller was recruited by Day, who would take over if Meyer is fired. I doubt that we lose Miller. This is a dead period, so we can't actively do anything to shore up those relationships, but other schools can't use negative recruiting tactics right now, either. We'll have to see how this plays out, but the dead period gives us time to manage this.
It's unlikely Day will be the long term head coach at OSU, if Meyer is ousted. Miller will understand that and act accordingly. The real question is what's Miller's relationship with Georgia and Bama?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's unlikely Day will be the long term head coach at OSU, if Meyer is ousted. Miller will understand that and act accordingly. The real question is what's Miller's relationship with Georgia and Bama?
Sorry, the real question is, what's his relationship with Day.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Sorry, the real question is, what's his relationship with Day.
lol this convo is close to sounding like this ...

Couldn't resist lol

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Can already committed players recruit uncommitted players during the dead period? I don't know but it seems to me as if that would be the school recruiting them. If not, the NCAA is missing a chance to make another unenforceable rule that they love so well.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Can already committed players recruit uncommitted players during the dead period? I don't know but it seems to me as if that would be the school recruiting them. If not, the NCAA is missing a chance to make another unenforceable rule that they love so well.
LOL - Yeah, the kids are not restricted in any way.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
This may seem like a strange take, but I hope we don't get any OSU players if they fire Urban.
It may be because I remember a lot of good players that didn't come to Bama during our probation years and it really hurt. Also if a kid committed to OSU, do they really want to come here? This is just the way I feel about this.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If Urban does show an unbalanced enforcement of rules as shown by former UF players, a current player or two may be itching to explore greener pastures. Things will eventually catch up to UM at some point...

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Would we get Urban through the Alabama Coach Recertification Program? It's been fairly successful with Kiffen, Sarkasian, and we'll see what happens with Butch Jones. I'm not sure how Urban could contribute, but Coach Saban could probably find him a spot somewhere. Ideas?

Roll Tide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Would we get Urban through the Alabama Coach Recertification Program? It's been fairly successful with Kiffen, Sarkasian, and we'll see what happens with Butch Jones. I'm not sure how Urban could contribute, but Coach Saban could probably find him a spot somewhere. Ideas?

Roll Tide
Saban wants assistants who can't beat him. :eek2: :biggrin2: :wink:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Roll Tide
Urban would be the next coach at Notre Dame

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.