cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I would love to see Jordan Peele make an adaptation of Stanley and Livingstone where they venture into whitest New Hampshire to find an ethnic minority living peacefully among the natives.
The position of the NYT is that we need more Hispanic people in New Hampshire in order that this woman from Colombia would have someone to talk to. They have precisely inverted the utilitarianism and the irony seems to be lost on the NYT.

Anyway, I think she could not have found a more appropriate place to work and they could not have found a more appropriate member of the editorial board. They deserve each other.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Quick question:
Should people who have ever made a mistake or once held views or expressed thoughts that others or perhaps even themselves now find unsavory just go off and die somewhere?
Short answer "yes" with an "if"; long answer, "no," with a "but"

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Quick question:

Should people who have ever made a mistake or once held views or expressed thoughts that others or perhaps even themselves now find unsavory just go off and die somewhere?

I ask because it seems that folks from different political perspectives are just out for vengeance and blood.

Continued or illegal behavior is not part of the question.
Has Miss Jeong disavowed the racist sentiments she expressed?

Others on the left have defended her speech.
Vox. In defense of Sarah Jeong

Village Voice. Oh, the Caucasity! Right Rages at Jeong’s White People Jokes

WaPo. An Asian American woman’s tweets ignite a debate: Is it okay to make fun of white people online?
“You hear that all the time: Substitute white and put in minority group x,” Cabrera said. “The term ‘racism’ is not the equivalence of prejudice or bigotry. It’s an analysis of social inequality along the color lines and an analysis of power dynamics and social oppression. None of which has ever been in the hands of people of color or communities of color: There’s never been the social structure to be able to oppress white people.” sic.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
What I love about all these conservative tweet trawlers is that they find some good #content that I missed in the past. Love a good oldie laugh.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
For one, it was a rhetorical question.

I also did not know the content of her speech that was in contention and frankly never figured it would be THIS bad and her still be offered a job like this. I also still do not know the entire context.

I was not defending her at all. Not one bit. Not once.

And I won't defend that type of tripe. Nor should anyone else, IMHO.

I can't understand why she was offered the position.

Then again, if the whole thing was completely satire/so-called comedy then I care not, but am still surprised.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I also did not know the content of her speech that was in contention and frankly never figured it would be THIS bad and her still be offered a job like this. I also still do not know the entire context.

Then again, if the whole thing was completely satire/so-called comedy then I care not, but am still surprised.
That's the deal, pretty sure it's not satire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

My post wasn't aimed at you, just pointing out that there are some who defended her overt and unmistakable racism.
And Miss Jeong is still employed by the NYT.

And this is not an endorsement of Heng. I know nothing about her. It is just that banning a political ad is problematic, since this banned ad has nothing that I could find that was objectionable. She is not endorsing the KRs' Killing Fields. She is not denying the Killing Fields. She is merely saying that her family overcame some tough circumstances. I can see no legitimate reason to ban that ad.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.