*** 2019 SG Jaylen Forbes SIGNS with Bama***

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
I don't think "PF" for "Point Forward" is an accepted abbreviation. "PF" means only "Power Forward" in normal discourse. PFs don't weight under 200...
Agree. Just going by what Denny Crum use to call his ball handler. He used a forward to bring the ball down the court back when he coached and called him a point forward. But that was back then, and things have changed.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Point forwards are still around. Think LeBron for an example.
Right.

As has been mentioned a few times, Forbes doesn't have the body to be a point forward. The closest thing to a point forward Alabama has right now is Herbert Jones.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Nah Forbes is guy is a 2, an SG. Maybe he’ll see the floor at 3. I saw the PF by his name last night too and was confused by that myself.
I have a friend who used to complain that he was a 3, trapped in a 4's body. I always replied "Just quit eating, Cary"... :D

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I don't think "PF" for "Point Forward" is an accepted abbreviation. "PF" means only "Power Forward" in normal discourse. PFs don't weight under 200...
Pretty sure AUDub is correct. In today’s B-BALL PF usually refers to POint Forward. When Earle and I see it we think Erwin Dudley or Charles Oakley types. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Pretty sure AUDub is correct. In today’s B-BALL PF usually refers to POint Forward. When Earle and I see it we think Erwin Dudley or Charles Oakley types. :)

Otis Thorpe, Dennis Rodman....

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Could have been a glitch...PF abbreviation in the NBA is definitely power foward... the term point forward is not an official position much like combo-guard...someone correct me if I'm wrong though... even still a recruiting service can use their own abbreviations to identify positions...such as CG

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Concerning a "point forward" I don't watch near as much basketball (NBA rarely except playoffs) and/or college (mainly follow SEC and Bama) as I used to, but I've never heard the term used to describe a forward running point.

Ervin "Magic" Johnson would have been the prototypical point forward but he was never called such even though he could dribble and pass the ball as good as anyone in the history of the game AND play the #4 or #5 if needed at 6'9".

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
How did he do in the 3 pt contest?
Got knocked out in the second round.
I always found the 3 point contest arrangement for having to reach down and pick up the ball from the ball rack as distracting. This is especially true if you are a "catch and shoot" type player. I think it favors the guy who is more comfortable shooting off the dribble to some extent.

But, based on the video I shared earlier in the thread, he's a 3 point threat.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I always found the 3 point contest arrangement for having to reach down and pick up the ball from the ball rack as distracting. This is especially true if you are a "catch and shoot" type player. I think it favors the guy who is more comfortable shooting off the dribble to some extent.

But, based on the video I shared earlier in the thread, he's a 3 point threat.
I agree. Reese is an example of a catch and shoot guy, with an excellent stroke, for all the complaining about his flat arc last year. I think Oats will find ways to use him more...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.