*** 2019 SG Jaylen Forbes SIGNS with Bama***

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Re: 2019 SG Jaylen Forbes commits to Bama

This dude can fill it up! I think this guy is the he reason that Diante Smith decommited. So now we have Him and Juwan Gary. Kira Lewis shouldn’t be far behind. Expect DJ Jeffries to commit to Memphis, which could end up putting us back in the lead with Trendon Watford. Plus, we are making up a ton of ground with CJ Walker and Drew Timme. This could end up being a special class!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

This dude can fill it up! I think this guy is the he reason that Diante Smith decommited. So now we have Him and Juwan Gary. Kira Lewis shouldn’t be far behind. Expect DJ Jeffries to commit to Memphis, which could end up putting us back in the lead with Trendon Watford. Plus, we are making up a ton of ground with CJ Walker and Drew Timme. This could end up being a special class!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we go after those guys get 4 commits at most.... then what does that mean for our roster this fall and next year?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

First of all ... great pickup in Forbes, young man can shoot!

As far as the turnover goes, we may lose as many as 5 players next year so bringing in 5-6 players will help keep the roster in good shape going forward. Plus with this kind of talent we will be able to go to deep with our depth chart in almost every position which will only be a plus for our program going forward.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Our roster is set for the upcoming season, there are no scholly's available. One question that I've seen is whether or not Jared Butler has a health issue that could potentially sideline him this season. I've seen that rumor posted on 2 forums but not confirmation. The other is if Kira Lewis will reclassify for the 2018 signing class and presumably join which team he signs with in December. If so and he signs with Bama then the assumption is that AJjr would give up his scholarship and become a walk-on.

Next year we lose AJjr, Dante Hall, Riley Norris and potentially lose any or all of John Petty, Herbert Jones, and Tevin Mack. Daniel Giddens and Dazon Ingram could also transfer out as grad transfers. So worst case scenario we could be looking at up to 8 players on this years team not being here next year.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Current recruiting for 2019 class is getting to be a roller-coaster ride. Things seem to be looking up at the moment.

How in the world does a coach plan for unknown departures?

Any expectations on players signing in November (early period) vs signing in April?

ETA: I probably should have asked this in another thread. If you have a good answer regarding the signing periods, maybe it is better to put it in another thread; maybe this one https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300325 ??

It's not too difficult keeping up with posts on the basketball board but this would make more sense...

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Nice! Looks like Timme chose Gonzaga.
I was hoping he'd roll with Tide. His uncle attends our church and we've talked about Bama's recruitment of him. His uncle wanted him to come play for Bama and Avery. Oh well.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think he's around 6'5" and a bit under 200 lb, but the tweet that Marty linked has "PF" by his name. Just a glitch, I guess...
He can play multiple positions.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5WN6e8MkPY

He's got skills. About a 3:30 minute video, but you can see why his HS team might have used him as a power forward. It's clear to me, however, he's a #2 or #3 type shooting guard. He has a real nice stroke. Solid fundamentals for a shooter. He looks to be a real solid player for us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.