*** 2019 SG Jaylen Forbes SIGNS with Bama***

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I agree. Reese is an example of a catch and shoot guy, with an excellent stroke, for all the complaining about his flat arc last year. I think Oats will find ways to use him more...
It's a flat shot, but it probably looks a little flatter because he's so tall.

At 6' 2" I had a rather flat shot but it's because my Jr. High gym had a very low roof. It's how I learned to shoot, but I adjusted a little into high school and college. A higher arc usually is a softer shot, but you can be deadly accurate with a flat shot.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I have a friend who used to complain that he was a 3, trapped in a 4's body. I always replied "Just quit eating, Cary"... :D
The problem is he is so slow to be a 3. If you put him in to play the 3 to shoot from the outside which is what he is best at then you give up some defense because he can't guard a typical 3. If you put him inside which is what he is built for then he really isn't much of a threat to score. I want him to develop as a 4 because he does seem to have fairly good instincts and then he could get more minutes and still step outside and shoot the 3 when needed. But I don't want him to be a full-time 3 because I think that hurts us more than it helps us.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
The problem is he is so slow to be a 3. If you put him in to play the 3 to shoot from the outside which is what he is best at then you give up some defense because he can't guard a typical 3. If you put him inside which is what he is built for then he really isn't much of a threat to score. I want him to develop as a 4 because he does seem to have fairly good instincts and then he could get more minutes and still step outside and shoot the 3 when needed. But I don't want him to be a full-time 3 because I think that hurts us more than it helps us.
I think Reese would likely play more of a 3 position on offense but probably a 4 on defense. It appears that Oats will usually have one or two extra guard/wing positions on offense. When he mentioned 4-out/1-in and 5-out, he was talking offense. I agree that Reese has very good instincts; he rarely commits a turnover. He also has shown a nice touch in closer to the basket.

Reese had the 2nd highest 3-point percentage the past season; Ingram was highest and I'm not counting Hall's 100%...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.