BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Re: 2019 SG Jaylen Forbes commits to Bama

Whoa....... that's huge.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Wow, very nice!!!
    "I just want you to know you've hired a horse---- football coach, but nobody will out-recruit me."

---Coach Saban to Mal Moore on the flight to Tuscaloosa after being hired

This dude can fill it up! I think this guy is the he reason that Diante Smith decommited. So now we have Him and Juwan Gary. Kira Lewis shouldn’t be far behind. Expect DJ Jeffries to commit to Memphis, which could end up putting us back in the lead with Trendon Watford. Plus, we are making up a ton of ground with CJ Walker and Drew Timme. This could end up being a special class!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMike05 View Post
    This dude can fill it up! I think this guy is the he reason that Diante Smith decommited. So now we have Him and Juwan Gary. Kira Lewis shouldn’t be far behind. Expect DJ Jeffries to commit to Memphis, which could end up putting us back in the lead with Trendon Watford. Plus, we are making up a ton of ground with CJ Walker and Drew Timme. This could end up being a special class!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If we go after those guys get 4 commits at most.... then what does that mean for our roster this fall and next year?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-SEC

First of all ... great pickup in Forbes, young man can shoot!

As far as the turnover goes, we may lose as many as 5 players next year so bringing in 5-6 players will help keep the roster in good shape going forward. Plus with this kind of talent we will be able to go to deep with our depth chart in almost every position which will only be a plus for our program going forward.

BamaNation All-American

Our roster is set for the upcoming season, there are no scholly's available. One question that I've seen is whether or not Jared Butler has a health issue that could potentially sideline him this season. I've seen that rumor posted on 2 forums but not confirmation. The other is if Kira Lewis will reclassify for the 2018 signing class and presumably join which team he signs with in December. If so and he signs with Bama then the assumption is that AJjr would give up his scholarship and become a walk-on.

Next year we lose AJjr, Dante Hall, Riley Norris and potentially lose any or all of John Petty, Herbert Jones, and Tevin Mack. Daniel Giddens and Dazon Ingram could also transfer out as grad transfers. So worst case scenario we could be looking at up to 8 players on this years team not being here next year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Current recruiting for 2019 class is getting to be a roller-coaster ride. Things seem to be looking up at the moment.

How in the world does a coach plan for unknown departures?

Any expectations on players signing in November (early period) vs signing in April?

ETA: I probably should have asked this in another thread. If you have a good answer regarding the signing periods, maybe it is better to put it in another thread; maybe this one https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300325 ??

It's not too difficult keeping up with posts on the basketball board but this would make more sense...
    Last edited by day-day; August 8th, 2018 at 09:41 AM.