*** 2018 ILB Kaho Reportedly Coming to Alabama ***

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: 2018 ILB Kaho

We want him to get on campus by this weekend so he can start practicing with the team next week. or he can join with the walkons when school starts. Jam, is that the goal?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

BREAKING: Former five-star LB headed to Alabama

Ale Kaho is headed to Alabama.

The former five-star linebacker from Reno, Nev., was released from his national letter of intent with Washington on Monday and a source close to the situation has informed 247Sports that Alabama will be the landing spot. It is expected that Kaho, the No. 1-rated inside linebacker in the 2018 class according to the 247Sports rankings, will depart for Tuscaloosa as early as Wednesday night.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Holy cow! Since he reportedly never enrolled he should be eligible right away. I'm thinking our '18 recruiting class that finished 6th or 7th got a big bump with the addition of a 5*. Welcome and RTR Kaho!!!

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

I am soooo confused by this. But I'll take it. Hope he gets his head right and can be a part of this team in the future. I have a feeling expecting him to do anything this year is unlikely.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Holy cow! Since he reportedly never enrolled he should be eligible right away. I'm thinking our '18 recruiting class that finished 6th or 7th got a big bump with the addition of a 5*. Welcome and RTR Kaho!!!
Yea, would like to know how far this moves us up in a revised ranking..

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I am genuinely thrilled that this young man will be joining the team. Is the thinking that, realistically, he will be able and counted upon to contribute at ILB this year? Our LB`s , both inside and out, average 243 lbs.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
So he will be with the team for practice tomorrow, and I would expect him to be in pad by Monday. Perfect timing!
Possibly with School not being in, he can get all the medical testing done. They will also want to see where he is condition wise before as well. He will need three or four practices (not sure which) before he can put on pads. I would expect his most likely contribution to be on Special teams until mid year or all year depending on the steep learning curve. We will see all freshman in games this year (with the 4 game rule)
Also, he won't have to deal with any media until December another good thing about coming to Bama.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

I am genuinely thrilled that this young man will be joining the team. Is the thinking that, realistically, he will be able and counted upon to contribute at ILB this year? Our LB`s , both inside and out, average 243 lbs.
Maybe contribute some on special teams, but if his reported weight of 218 is correct, him being in the rotation and depended on as an ILB would be scary. Our new prototype ILB is about 235 (plus or minus a bit of course) and even our lighter / faster ILBs like Evans were around 230. Maybe a bit as a dime LB kinda like mosely did in his first year, but since Mack had that role last year I think it would only be if mack needed a rest.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Maybe contribute some on special teams, but if his reported weight of 218 is correct, him being in the rotation and depended on as an ILB would be scary. Our new prototype ILB is about 235 (plus or minus a bit of course) and even our lighter / faster ILBs like Evans were around 230. Maybe a bit as a dime LB kinda like mosely did in his first year, but since Mack had that role last year I think it would only be if mack needed a rest.
One of the best LBs last year (R.Smith for UGA) started @ 205 coming from high school.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I don't think anyone really knows how much he weighs at this moment. we will all know once he steps on campus. but what is certain is that most in the know have all stated that his weight loss reported by Washington fans are untrue.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.