*** 2018 ILB Kaho Reportedly Coming to Alabama ***

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: 2018 ILB Kaho

One of the best LBs last year (R.Smith for UGA) started @ 205 coming from high school.
Absolutely Jam, and I`m in no way trying to intimate that I don`t think he won`t be possibly a great one for us. Roquan Smith played at around 235, I believe, last year.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Its possible for him to play some at special teams and possibly deep in tge rotation if needed.

But safe bet may be rs year.

But there's no telling given the need at ILB

Regardless, this is a fantastic addition and takes some pressure off a portion of need for next years class.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

One of the best LBs last year (R.Smith for UGA) started @ 205 coming from high school.
guess I wasn't clear so I'll re-frame it. I was thinking about and answering the question about being in the rotation right now. If he had to play this season, 2018, at 218lbs, I'd be worried. Smith left UGA at 235ish and even Evans was only 220 coming in and was also 235ish. Kaho's got lots of time to get bigger and stronger so not concerned at all longer term.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

guess I wasn't clear so I'll re-frame it. I was thinking about and answering the question about being in the rotation right now. If he had to play this season, 2018, at 218lbs, I'd be worried. Smith left UGA at 235ish and even Evans was only 220 coming in and was also 235ish. Kaho's got lots of time to get bigger and stronger so not concerned at all longer term.
I am more worried that he lost weight when going through those tough times. I have lost weight due to stress and it effects more than just the way that you look. I hope that he gets healthy, mentally and physically. Football will come.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida

:biga2::biggrin2:
Ok, full credit....you called this one a week ago.
It sounds like a great get for us, but, if the issues he claimed to get his release from UW are anywhere close to accurate, this looks like another one of those high-risk propositions that usually do not end well.
i am pessimistic, but I hope I’m wrong.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Its possible for him to play some at special teams and possibly deep in tge rotation if needed.

But safe bet may be rs year.

But there's no telling given the need at ILB

Regardless, this is a fantastic addition and takes some pressure off a portion of need for next years class.
Like has been mentioned with the new redshirt rule he can be inserted against these smaller teams this year and play his 4 games to see if he is truly ready or not.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
true!

I suppose it would be possible to hold him out for a few months and play him late in the year and potentially still RS him if hes under the 4 game cap.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.