Urban Meyer thread 2.0...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I agree with a lot of this but unfortunately we will never know the full story. The main issue was 'Did Urban know? and if he did.... did he report it?

Well now Meyer backed by tOSU is making the statement that he did report it.....so unless someone can prove he actually didn't report it then nothing will happen.

But I also agree it makes NO sense for them to put him on AL IF they now say he reported it?? Just how poor is their interdepartmental communication?

But there is no reason for them to really care about bad PR. If they are 12-1 or 13-0 Big10 champs at the end of the year this story won't keep them out of the playoffs.

Winston raping somebody didn't stop FSU in 2013 nor did Cam Newton being bought and paid for stop Auburn in 2010.

Unfortunately in CFB morals and integrity and the Truth only matter in EXTREME cases like PSU and Baylor.
IMHO, if something significant were going to happen regarding Meyer`s employment at OSU, it would have occurred by close of business yesterday. If anyone had proof that he did not report it, both OSU and the public would have known it by then and OSU would have an interim head football coach as I type this. Therefore, again IMHO, time to move on. Let`s tee it up and RTR!!

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don’t know, which is why I asked.
Why don't we wait and see instead of just assuming there isn't one because this thread is going to be filled with a lot of egg wash with the vast amount of assumptions being made that Urban is guilty of not reporting when they do produce it next week.

Seems under the circumstances that would be produced in short order.
Well the situation is as bad as it can be right now, and tOSU needs hardcore evidence ie texts, documents, paper trails, emails, etc. to give to the doubters evidence that they cant dispute. Had Urban not commented on it during media days then I truly believe this story has no legs, and if it started to get some tOSU would've provided evidence swiftly. The problem is that this whole thing is a lot more complex than what many here are willing to acknowledge. This is her side of the story, his side of the story, Urban's goof, and probably by next week the AD's side so there has to be explanation for all parties, not just one. tOSU is going about it the right way imo

And why be accusatory towards me and assume I’m not honest or willing to accept what is produced?
Did I accuse you of not believing it? No. I'm just asking are you really going to buy what an tOSU committee finds in favor of Urban doing or not doing. Because it seems like many here are going to react like they did with the JW event done by an FSU board.

Tell me why, at this point, Meyer should be taken on his word?
He shoudnt, but why should we believe he didn't. What proof is there that he didn't report it?

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Why don't we wait and see instead of just assuming there isn't one because this thread is going to be filled with a lot of egg wash with the vast amount of assumptions being made that Urban is guilty of not reporting when they do produce it next week.

Well the situation is as bad as it can be right now, and tOSU needs hardcore evidence ie texts, documents, paper trails, emails, etc. to give to the doubters evidence that they cant dispute. Had Urban not commented on it during media days then I truly believe this story has no legs, and if it started to get some tOSU would've provided evidence swiftly. The problem is that this whole thing is a lot more complex than what many here are willing to acknowledge. This is her side of the story, his side of the story, Urban's goof, and probably by next week the AD's side so there has to be explanation for all parties, not just one. tOSU is going about it the right way imo

Did I accuse you of not believing it? No. I'm just asking are you really going to buy what an tOSU committee finds in favor of Urban doing or not doing. Because it seems like many here are going to react like they did with the JW event done by an FSU board.

He shoudnt, but why should we believe he didn't. What proof is there that he didn't report it?
We shouldn’t believe him because he’s forfeited the benefit of the doubt by lying about it in the first place.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Sort of amazing that at this point some of y'all are blaming the "dirt diggers." That's what journalists do - and I think the criticism for them is rooted in a deep-seated fear that any day we could wake up and find Bama or any other team of our choosing in the headlines for the same thing.

Heaven forbid it happens on the Capstone, but if it does, I hope we've got the courage to take our lumps and not blame Cecil Hurt or Stewart Mandel or anyone else for it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We shouldn’t believe him because he’s forfeited the benefit of the doubt by lying about it in the first place.
Okay... What if the committee comes out next Friday and says "Urban did a verbal reporting to Gene in 2015, but Gene didn't properly report it with documentation. Urban at media days was covering for Gene at media days, and so we reprimand him for 2 games for misleading the media, but Gene is fired for not properly reporting it. but URBAN DID PROPERLY REPORT IT." Would you accept that because that is probably where we are heading. How would you be able to disprove that narrative.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
So, basically, what you're saying is that everyone should assume the worst about him seemingly primarily because you and others share an apparent disdain for Meyer.

Forgive me if I actively choose to not be the kind of person who assumes the worst about anyone.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Sort of amazing that at this point some of y'all are blaming the "dirt diggers." That's what journalists do - and I think the criticism for them is rooted in a deep-seated fear that any day we could wake up and find Bama or any other team of our choosing in the headlines for the same thing.

Heaven forbid it happens on the Capstone, but if it does, I hope we've got the courage to take our lumps and not blame Cecil Hurt or Stewart Mandel or anyone else for it.
Since the new thread I haven't seen one person blame the dirt diggers.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
So, basically, what you're saying is that everyone should assume the worst about him seemingly primarily because you and others share an apparent disdain for Meyer.

Forgive me if I actively choose to not be the kind of person who assumes the worst about anyone.
No, we’re saying you shouldn’t believe him because he’s a liar. It’s as simple as that.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

Again with the ad hominem personal attacks.

I don’t assume the worst about him...I reasonably infer that he’s not truthful because he’s already admitted to not being truthful on the very subject at issue.

Thus, he doesn’t get the benefit od the doubt.

Odd that you are loathe to make assumptions about a proven liar but you are totally willing to make assumptions about me.

Anyways, I’m out...take care.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Okay... What if the committee comes out next Friday and says "Urban did a verbal reporting to Gene in 2015, but Gene didn't properly report it with documentation. Urban at media days was covering for Gene at media days, and so we reprimand him for 2 games for misleading the media, but Gene is fired for not properly reporting it. but URBAN DID PROPERLY REPORT IT." Would you accept that because that is probably where we are heading. How would you be able to disprove that narrative.
I’d be totally fine with that, and as you say that appears to be the most likely outcome.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
That was my initial thought - how bad does the internal communication have to be for this to happen? Something doesn’t fit.
Winning matters. It was discussed already, who are they going to get? Nobody proven. This explanation sounds like a child's excuse when their first flimsy lie fell through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Winning matters. It was discussed already, who are they going to get? Nobody proven. This explanation sounds like a child's excuse when their first flimsy lie fell through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. I really believe they were planning on firing him and then changed their minds after they realized what would happen to their program without Meyer.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I believe you used that exact term in post #29.
I'm not bashing McMurphey, Ive even gone out of my way to commend him on an excellent piece of reporting these past two days. I prefer the term dirt digger over investigative reporter because it sounds too much CNN,FOX, etc. My point was when folks that are known investigative reporters, and good ones at that, you don't dare them to release their information like Urban did at media days because 9/10 they have some real evidence to back up their claims. I just feel Saban has more control over his words than Urban, and doesn't convey a personal animosity towards folks claiming to have a scoop about wrong doing within the program... Maybe a general one, but he never gets personal. It wasn't a #45 like swipe at the media that I was talking about, it was how to properly handle negative rumors and allegations, which in my opinion is why Urban is in hot water at the moment.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Exactly. It should never be a fault of the messenger for exposing a person for being less than what they present themselves as being. He's a university employee. His wife is a university employee. They are "mandatory reporters" for violence such as Zach Smith seems to have done. They didn't report. They failed in their basic employee responsibilities. They failed as people who have hundreds of folks under their direct or indirect care. They made this situation happen not the journalist.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Man, I've just got to say that IMO Smith and Myers public comments made this situation look much, much worse.

They should have just kept their mouths shut.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.