Urban Meyer thread 2.0...

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
As an employer I understand the predicament. You can't fire every employee because of an accusation. Apparently there were never any charges or arrests. If you hear about rumors of domestic violence, but both parties claim it was a misunderstanding and they are trying to work things out.... well what does an employer do. Firing someone without proper documentation can sometimes nowadays lead to a lawsuit.
As an employer... sometimes you call yourself trying to help people out, and give second chances when maybe you shouldn't have in hindsight.
The old saying... "No good deed goes unpunished", may be applicable here.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
There's only two questions that I would like to know the true answer: What did coach Smith do that justified his firing last month? If the answer relates back to earlier years, why was he not fired back then?

The true answers to these two questions would reveal the culprits. Either he should have been fired years ago, but it was covered up by somebody due to special relationships OR he did something recently that justified him being fired. If the latter is true, there would be no need for Meyer's leave of absence or any investigation.
This is one of the best posts on this entire subject.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
This is how the previous thread started going downhill prior to getting nuked.

BIGTide, you are emotionally caught up in this and it's getting the better of you - again.

So can we calm down and have a rational discussion without a histrionic response to every comment slightly disparaging someone associated with OSU before this gets out of hand again and this thread gets nuked?

The question is rhetorical. The answer isn't. I don't want a repeat.
Wouldn't bother me at all if this thread was locked until a decision is made, confirmed and published.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Key phrase from board chair Michael J. Gasser as they go into the executive session this morning "To discuss personnel matters regarding the employment, compensation and discipline of public officials." That's an interesting choice of words there..

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Point taken. Suppose I'll watch for a thread title change/mod when/if a decision is made.
I understand how you feel, and I've felt the same way about the QB threads... but what I've learned in the time I've been here is that we don't have to comment on anything that doesn't interest us. Just do What I do, skip the thread and pick the one that interest you the most. Also, just remember it's a discussion board.. enjoy it and have fun!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Heard Scott Sanderson (Wimp's son and current Faulkner men's basketball coach) on the radio yesterday. He was asked how well he knows his assistants. Said he probably wouldn't know all of their issues at home, but he knows his assistants fairly well within two seasons. He continued by saying if he has an assistant that was with him at multiple places for several years he would have a very good idea of who the guy really is.

Taking that into consideration, the below quote from Knox is beyond simplifying things.

"So Urban Meyer should carry a box cutter knife on him and go through the mail to find out which one of his assistant coaches is getting a [adult toy] sent to him," Knox said. "So Urban Meyer should now know how kinky members of his staff are because if he doesn't know, he should be fired because of that. That doesn't add up to me.
The story about Smith's actions at the White House and what he had shipped to his place of employment by itself doesn't negatively reflect on Urban. Putting into context with the other stories and how long the two were together on staffs, though...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.