Fall Camp News/Reactions/Thoughts (other than QB posts)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Fall Camp News/Reactions/Thoughts

To be fair, you need to read the full context of the interview. The thing is hes trying to make a point that there are people out there who's making decisions for him on social media and it rubbed him the wrong way and he has rights to feel that way... as far as the coach part, he probably should've kept that internal... overall, I had a feeling this was going to happen with all the cristicms from folks. He will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Yeah, but it's the very fact that he's basically questioning CNS in the whole matter is what's "big" about his comments.

If he would have just talked about his feelings that's fine, but when he brings into question how the University handled it, that's a shot a CNS.

He should have just owned up and said my dad opened a can of worms, but instead he acted like CNS is to blame.

I like the guy a lot and he's been nothing but class in how he's always handled himself, but I believe he'll wish he had a do over for today.
That's not how I took from his interview but okay.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014

Jalen just did exactly what CNS said not to do. His only chance of starting now is if Tua gets hurt.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

WOW. I'm almost speechless.....

Yeah...um.....he's either checked out or he's about to play with a chip on his shoulder but he is obviously highly ticked off and bitter/upset/hurt about things.

But CNS has continually said it would be decided in the Fall based on performance and who 'Wins' the team.

It was Papa Hurts who made things a bit tense with all the Free Agent talk and trying to press the issue on naming a starter outside of CNS's timeline.

This just doesn't look good AT ALL.......Yikes.
Interestingly, when Tua was asked what he needs to do to improve his answer was about improving his relationship with his teammates (especially helping young guys). I think he understands what he's got to do. Based on Jalen's comments, I'm not sure where his mind is.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014

What? Not to be funny but that's not true.

"I've told both players, 'You've gotta win the team, and everything you do to bring attention to yourself, or anybody even in your family that brings attention to yourself, you're not doing yourself a service in trying to win the team,'" Saban told ESPN on Tuesday.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

To be fair, I understand where he is coming from...

Partly for me but not entirely. I mean yes it had to have been disappointing to get pulled in the NCG but he has to be honest with himself that he wasn't getting it done.

Tua came in and looked potentially like the best QB we may have ever had on campus and the entire team responded to it including the Defense.

Then Tua got injured right off the bat in the Spring and Jalen had the whole #1 reps all to himself and still showed no improvement from Dec-Jan.

Then his Dad popped off.... Not Jalen's fault of course but the tension started right then.

But let's not act like he's been shunned. CNS has had him on all the Leadership trips along with Tua and has been transparent that no final decision will be made until a Fall competition.

Now Jalen is seemingly upset because either he wasn't given his spot back due to seniority or loyalty or equity or whatever.....OR he's upset that CNS hasn't just named Tua starter because he's made up his mind that he won't get a fair competition.

The latter of which is false..... we all know how loyal CNS is and the reason this has dragged on is to give both guys the same fair shot at the job.

Now I still Love Jalen.... He's a great person, teammate, leader, student athlete and just and top notch class act all around....

But this interview was not his best moment.... I'd say it's worse than any mistake made on the field and he might have just cost himself the QB1 spot before things even get started. It almost feels like self-sabotage..... to cost yourself something before someone else can take it away.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN

I hear the pain in Jalen’s words. It must be awful having all this falling on him and feeling no one is talking to him about it (coaches). Now the heat will be even hotter. I believe, hope I’m wrong, that this was a preemptive strike and it doesn’t bode well for his future with Alabama football. It could be he sees the handwriting on the wall and knows he can’t match Tua’s passing ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

"I've told both players, 'You've gotta win the team, and everything you do to bring attention to yourself, or anybody even in your family that brings attention to yourself, you're not doing yourself a service in trying to win the team,'" Saban told ESPN on Tuesday.

That has nothing to do with his interview, IMO.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014

That has nothing to do with his interview, IMO.

In my opinion, this is bringing attention to yourself given how the media immediately glommed onto it.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Our new current 'philosophy' is to get SPEED on the field and attack. You can bet there will be many times and formations where both Mack and Dylan are on the field together.

People think we just switch from 3-4 to 4-3 but the truth is we use MULTIPLE fronts. Heck most of the time we are in Nickel and Dime variants because of most of our SEC opponents are going 3 ,4, and 5-wide and passing so much from Spread formations or Big12 RPO AirRaid stuff like A&M.

So we also often are switching around with 3-3-5, 2-4-5, 4-2-5, and 2-3-6. In those alignments we always have varied multiple LB gap/edge assignments.

Our defense is extremely exotic with flexible personnel variations because our LB's and Secondary are so fast.

What's amazing is Minkah Fitzpatrick had all of it memorized from multiple secondary positions!!!
Keep the information coming tusknraider

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I don't know Jalen and CNS's schedule for the rest of today or tomorrow, but I believe they'll cross real soon about this in the boss' office.

And yes, this is exactly what CNS was talking about regarding not calling attention to yourself. No way to spin this otherwise.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA

Sounds like Jalen is really upset with Coach Saban for initially telling the media that he had no idea if Jalen will be with the team this fall. He feels someone should have asked him. He felt since nobody asked, nobody cared what he did and that showed he wasn't the QB anymore. Since I don't know all that went on I'm not going to say who's more to blame for this situation but Jalen should not have sounded off to the media about it. This tells everyone that Jalen knows Tua will be the starter and Jalen will be transferring after the season.

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014

What? Not to be funny but that's not true.

That's exactly what he did. Him and his Dad too. Making it about him, rather than team.

This is major college football, not little league. So nobody asked him this spring how he was doing. Big deal

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS

No matter who is at fault or if no one is at fault, we don’t need these type of interviews going on.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

He's built a brand for himself. He's representing himself and his family. That tells me he's checked out. It's very disappointing to hear his comments. What about the feelings of the receivers who got very looks ? What about Damien's feelings about running against 9 and 10 man fronts constantly ? What about the team's feelings ?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Can someone post video of Tua’s interview? Jalen’s is everywhere but I don’t see Tua’s. TIA..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.