Fall Camp News/Reactions/Thoughts (other than QB posts)

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just watched the CFPCG again. I still get chills when I watch that last play.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Who gets most of the snaps Terrell Lewis was gonna take on his way to an [at least] All-SEC season? Christian Miller?
Definitely Miller, with Mosely being a heavy contributor. Parks, Anoma, and Latu will help too.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Definitely Miller, with Mosely being a heavy contributor. Parks, Anoma, and Latu will help too.
if we're talking about as the SOLB, Miller was probably the starter there anyway with some back up reps from Lewis, but since we don't play it that often, not likely needed to go deeper. If we do, mosely.

As the #2 OLB rusher, Miller was already going to play a heavy role in that rotation, so next up is probably Allen, then Parks, especially early in the season, with some of the TF getting some spot duty here and there which will likely increase through the year. Latu and Anoma could play into some of the rabbit packages early in the year if we get teams down so far that we know they will be throwing most of the time and we need some extra guys to stay fresh.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Just watched the CFPCG again. I still get chills when I watch that last play.
I was on campus when it happened, and it was pretty cool to see students coming out of the woodwork and running toward the Strip.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Has anyone heard if Dylan Moses was injured in practice the other day? I read that somewhere. Someone said he just had cramps, then someone else said he had to have an x ray on his foot to see if it was fractured or not.

I don't know what it is about the linebackers last year and this year (injuries), but Bama needs to hire an athletic trainer and PT just for linebackers only! And someone to follow their every move :) I think that is one of my main concerns so far is the linebacker injury/depth issues. I do not want injuries like last year!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Has anyone heard if Dylan Moses was injured in practice the other day? I read that somewhere. Someone said he just had cramps, then someone else said he had to have an x ray on his foot to see if it was fractured or not.

I don't know what it is about the linebackers last year and this year (injuries), but Bama needs to hire an athletic trainer and PT just for linebackers only! And someone to follow their every move :) I think that is one of my main concerns so far is the linebacker injury/depth issues. I do not want injuries like last year!
Pretty sure it was a cramp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Yep, don't think we can afford to lose either Of our inside LB starters, especially before some of the younger guys have a chance to cross train from OLB and get some game snaps. Unfortunately, our luck has been such that that might not be in the cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Per the report, Moses is fine and practiced without limitations today. Cramps yesterday

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
Because of how experienced our DB group was the last two years, we've got a few guys like Carter, Diggs, and Thompson are in their 3rd or 4th year on campus before ever getting a chance to begin the season as a starter. I think we'll be alright in base defense with SS being the only real unknown but nickel and dime are where the real inexperience comes into play. Nowadays, entire passing offenses are predicated on getting you into 5+ DBs then attacking just those guys for the most part. Secondaries end up being judged by how well their safeties cover in space and whether that nickel corner is just a warm body or an actual player.
Here's to hoping some of the younger guns will step up and show out. I know we will be limited on our depth but good thing could happen. Im optimistic that the defense will be a CNS hungry D.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.