Worry, Don't Be Happy: A Look Back at the 1988 Alabama Crimson Tide

BamaFanFromTN

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 19, 1999
Fayetteville, TN, US
It was better than I remembered.

1989: Following Ole Miss' upset victory the year before, the Rebels hopped out to a 21–0 lead over #13 Alabama in Jackson, MS. The Crimson Tide then scored 62 unanswered points en route to a 62–27 victory. The 21-point comeback still stands as the largest in Alabama football history.

BamaFanFromTN

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 19, 1999
Fayetteville, TN, US
It was better than I remembered.

1989: Following Ole Miss' upset victory the year before, the Rebels hopped out to a 21–0 lead over #13 Alabama in Jackson, MS. The Crimson Tide then scored 62 unanswered points en route to a 62–27 victory. The 21-point comeback still stands as the largest in Alabama football history.

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
He had three winning seasons, with a better record every year.

He went 3-0 against Tennessee and Penn State.

He didn’t get us on probation.

He didn’t sleep with anyone other than his wife.

Not every coach we’ve had can make those claims. He certainly isn’t my favorite, but we’ve had far worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You conveniently left off the fact that he NEVER beat the barn....

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
88 was my sophomore year as well. and i was one of those who had driven to texas for the a and m game only to find out at the last minute that it wouldn't be played that weekend.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
88 was my sophomore year as well. and i was one of those who had driven to texas for the a and m game only to find out at the last minute that it wouldn't be played that weekend.
That sucks man.

Especially as a college student, jeez.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
88 was my junior year in college. Curry wasn't a terrible coach but his Achilles heel was his inflexibility. He entered a game with a plan and he was going to run that plan. There would be no deviation. It did not matter if the plan was resulting in a lead or a deficit. Virtually every other coach I have seen sees a halftime deficit and looks at the plan a half time and makes adjustments most of the time. It's not unexpected, the other team is scheming against you and you don't know going in what they are going to do. But not Curry. Like a cartoon bad guy "His plan was FULLPROOF". He would stand on the deck of the Titantic saying "This boat is unsinkable"

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
88 was my junior year in college. Curry wasn't a terrible coach but his Achilles heel was his inflexibility. He entered a game with a plan and he was going to run that plan. There would be no deviation. It did not matter if the plan was resulting in a lead or a deficit. Virtually every other coach I have seen sees a halftime deficit and looks at the plan a half time and makes adjustments most of the time. It's not unexpected, the other team is scheming against you and you don't know going in what they are going to do. But not Curry. Like a cartoon bad guy "His plan was FULLPROOF". He would stand on the deck of the Titantic saying "This boat is unsinkable"
In other words........Curry was Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius.......

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I guess I'm asking a dumb question, but it should have occurred to me earlier: did you go to the game in December?

I'm assuming not but.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.