Patrick Stewart returns as Jean Luc Picard in new Star Trek Series

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Please keep this show completely out of politics!! Please writers and producers. We just want a good show!

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Please keep this show completely out of politics!! Please writers and producers. We just want a good show!
They should definitely ignore the 50+ year history of making social and political statements so the snowflakes' feelings won't get hurt

Last edited:
Reactions: Jon and Bamaro

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
First episode was very good. Definitely a setting with a lot of promise.

Maybe if CBS realizes that I only pay them during the months when Star Trek airs, they’ll figure out they need 5 more series.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
First episode was very good. Definitely a setting with a lot of promise.
I agree.

Star Trek Discovery, on the other hand is a canonical disaster.
That series is set in a place where there is a thing called "Star Fleet," and a people called "Klingons," but the rest of the changes to the series are way too drastic to honestly say it fits in the Star Trek universe. I think CBS gave the writers a bit too much creative license with Discovery.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I don't have CBS all access so I haven't seen and won't see this. I'm a casual Star Trek fan.

I'm curious. Why is this in Politics and Religion?

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
That series is set in a place where there is a thing called "Star Fleet," and a people called "Klingons," but the rest of the changes to the series are way too drastic to honestly say it fits in the Star Trek universe. I think CBS gave the writers a bit too much creative license with Discovery.
*minor spoiler for Discovery season 2*

I actually really like Discovery, although I understand this complaint. The end of the second season was meant to set the timeline right, and I think their solution was at least plausible. I expect future seasons to feel similar to Voyager, and largely without concerns about butting heads with established alpha quadrant drama. We'll see.

I've heard CBS has also greenlit a series focusing on Section 31, which should be interesting.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I don't have CBS all access so I haven't seen and won't see this. I'm a casual Star Trek fan.

I'm curious. Why is this in Politics and Religion?
Go check the date of the first post. It was before we split the NS forums into political and non-political. This thread was never ported over to non-political. Thus - it's still in it's default forum.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I agree.

If they could just turn the dial down to 8 from like 14 or 15, it would probably be fine. I also think they made a bad creative decision from the outset to be less of an ensemble cast and focus more on Burnham. In two seasons one character has started a seminal conflict between UFP and Klingon Empire, she helped resolve that that war, and she’s also the central figure in a galaxy-life-ending time traveling incident. Burnham alone is basically the most important figure in the galaxy.

In season 2 they did try to get the rest of the cast more involved. Plus, Anson Mount’s Pike was fantastic and Ethan Peck’s Spock was more Spock than Zachary Quinto’s attempt. Seems like the best thing that could happen with Discovery is being a backdoor pilot for a Pike’s Enterprise series.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Big TOS fan. Currently watching TNG on Netflix. By the time that's done and DS9 etc are watched, maybe this one will be generally available.
Well Star Trek Picard’s alleged 3 seasons will be done by that point, so you’ll probably be able to watch it from start to finish too.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Big TOS fan. Currently watching TNG on Netflix. By the time that's done and DS9 etc are watched, maybe this one will be generally available.
My friend who is a big Star Trek fan (has a Klingon D-7 model in his tv room, and went to Vegas to meet Shatner; that level of Star Trek fan) who follows such things says the opposite will happen. When current licenses are closed, CBS will move the entire franchise will move behind the CBS pay wall.
I do not know. I do not follow such things.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
My friend who is a big Star Trek fan (has a Klingon D-7 model in his tv room, and went to Vegas to meet Shatner; that level of Star Trek fan) who follows such things says the opposite will happen. When current licenses are closed, CBS will move the entire franchise will move behind the CBS pay wall.
I do not know. I do not follow such things.
That's possible since ViacomCBS merged back together in December.

• Thank You
Reactions: Tidewater

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.