Link: Wow! Alex Jones shut down...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I just checked and this is still available.
Alex Jones Rants as an Indie Folk Song
I can't link it due to language, although. Pretty funny.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I know the name of who the guy is and have a sort of idea.

I'm glad, but I concur with jthomas. I'd have more respect for one of the platforms if they just said, "We don't like him and don't have to give a platform, period."

As it is, I will still get a daily dose of:
a) Trump is Hitler
b) Trump is Jesus

....by virtue of using the platform myself.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
He comes across as crazy and his theories are out there. It's not funny when you take on parents of 5&6 year olds that were savagely murdered. This man has no soul. I'm glad he is shut down.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The incident has shown me that people still don’t know the first amendment only applies to the government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
There is some risk of getting things wrong if you allow computers to do the censoring.
Facebook under fire for blocking House GOP candidate's campaign ad
Not sure whether a Facebook computer or a person banned the ad.
Here's the ad.
Now, you could take her to task over not being very specific in her policy proposals, but hate? She even called her opponent a "nice guy." The only person who might be offended by this ad would be a Khmer Rouge perpetrator. Are we really worried about offending KRs? I would think people would want to rub any surviving KRs' noses in this attempted genocide forever.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
That is troublesome. The pictures were gruesome, but she was showing where she came from. She wasn’t trying to blame the murders on anyone but the Cambodian government.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
There is some risk of getting things wrong if you allow computers to do the censoring.

Now, you could take her to task over not being very specific in her policy proposals, but hate? She even called her opponent a "nice guy." The only person who might be offended by this ad would be a Khmer Rouge perpetrator. Are we really worried about offending KRs? I would think people would want to rub any surviving KRs' noses in this attempted genocide forever.

Facebook just located the computer that pulled her ad in a dark corner of their basement.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Alex Jones has a mouth that rivals his ego; since his rants are hysterical, incendiary and are opinions with very little (if any) factual basis, those private companies have every right to not allow him to use their platforms.
Now he’s begging his Orange Allah to do something because...First Amendment?
Did he forget that his hero and certain sycophants were, early on, looking at ways to do away with the First Amendment?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
JUST NO! (Said with horror.)
“Warner, Klobuchar, McCain Introduce Legislation to Improve National Security and Protect Integrity of U.S. Elections by Bringing Transparency and Accountability to Online Political Ads,” Office of Senator Mark R. Warner, October 19, 2017,

The distinction between political/campaign ads, prohibited for foreign persons, and permitted issue ads has in practice opened the door to Russian use of social-media ads for disinformation purposes

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Oh please!!!

The election couldn't be hacked and refusal to accept the final results was problematic for democracy......until it wasn't.

(I also think there's a truckload of utter naivete here; while in no way do I endorse just letting anything and everything go, these politicians are insanely arrogant and clueless if they actually believe their advertisements have this kind of an effect. Someone needs to tell these worthless shreds of human debris that: a) almost nobody even pays attention your pathetic ads; b) most of us would love a refuge from them every election season beyond having to "mute" or change the channel.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Here's the ad.
Impressive lady. I am fortunate to know a lot of men and women like her.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Oh please!!!

The election couldn't be hacked and refusal to accept the final results was problematic for democracy......until it wasn't.

(I also think there's a truckload of utter naivete here; while in no way do I endorse just letting anything and everything go, these politicians are insanely arrogant and clueless if they actually believe their advertisements have this kind of an effect. Someone needs to tell these worthless shreds of human debris that: a) almost nobody even pays attention your pathetic ads; b) most of us would love a refuge from them every election season beyond having to "mute" or change the channel.
i agree with you about refuge from the ads (streaming only and no land line helps me avoid a large majority of them), but i would imagine that a lot more folks than we want to believe pay at least some attention to them and are somewhat influenced by them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.