Kiffin's Rediscovery

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
If he continues to put a product on the field like he did last year, Kif will get another big job offer, likely somewhere on one of the major coasts or out West somewhere.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If he continues to put a product on the field like he did last year, Kif will get another big job offer, likely somewhere on one of the major coasts or out West somewhere.
Well, the majority of the ADs interviewed said they wouldn't hire him. Of course, as was noted, that might change with desperation. It's interesting that he couldn't find a job anywhere, not just as a HC, after two years with us. Saban didn't have to take him back but did on pleas from common friends. A lot of his peccadilloes aren't known publicly and you probably don't know them, but they're know to ADs and the football community of employers know them. He probably resurrected his career with that third year under Saban and yet he deserted us at the end. The details are known by the pool of employers and they are hard to forget. I think those who believe his betrayals will simply be forgotten and he will be welcomed into a P-5 berth just don't know all he's done...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Yah, after Oklahoma (most likely) runs FAU out of the stadium on opening weekend, things will likely quiet down regarding Kiffin.
I don't know all the particulars of how bad Kif's behavior was while at Bama, but I had a strong negative feeling towards him when we hired him. Who needs an obnoxious guy like him around?

So I'm trying to keep that in mind, and resist the underdog attraction in this game. If FAU beats Oklahoma that would only make Kif even more obnoxious, but then again, what a comeback that would be for the disgraced boy wonder coach.

Kif has really had a fall from grace on this particular board, while he was here we were told misspelling his name would get you suspended. :smile:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Have you not noticed how adept he is at staying in the spotlight, and using Bama as one of his tools? I find nothing at all mysterious about it. He's an expert at scratching at a wound. I'm surprised you're surprised...
this looks like another way to stay in that spotlight.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Another article about poll HSV was taking about.

Athletic directors poll finds overwhelming lack of support for Lane Kiffin moving to bigger job - NBC Sportshttps://apple.news/Aeu81NgblSdKmiLyKO3L3rw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't know all the particulars of how bad Kif's behavior was while at Bama, but I had a strong negative feeling towards him when we hired him. Who needs an obnoxious guy like him around?

So I'm trying to keep that in mind, and resist the underdog attraction in this game. If FAU beats Oklahoma that would only make Kif even more obnoxious, but then again, what a comeback that would be for the disgraced boy wonder coach.

Kif has really had a fall from grace on this particular board, while he was here we were told misspelling his name would get you suspended. :smile:
You must not have been reading my posts while he was here... :D

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Well, the majority of the ADs interviewed said they wouldn't hire him. Of course, as was noted, that might change with desperation. It's interesting that he couldn't find a job anywhere, not just as a HC, after two years with us. Saban didn't have to take him back but did on pleas from common friends. A lot of his peccadilloes aren't known publicly and you probably don't know them, but they're know to ADs and the football community of employers know them. He probably resurrected his career with that third year under Saban and yet he deserted us at the end. The details are known b the pool of employers and they are hard to forget. I think those who believe his betrayals will simply be forgotten and he will be welcomed into a P-5 berth just don't know all he's done...
You could be right. We’ll have to wait and see. I happen to think some major metro/urban/coastal schools may have a higher tolerance level for some of his personal indulgences than what you and I know would never fly at Alabama or anywhere in the sec for that matter. Heck—If he had just won enough games, I think he’d still be at SC.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
. Heck—If he had just won enough games, I think he’d still be at SC.
Maybe, maybe not. From what Ive heard it was more of him hacking off boosters, and rumblings that Sark was always their first choice, but the pending sanctions scared him off when Carroll left. Ive been of the opinion that Kiffin never really got a fair shake at USC, and he deserved another year.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
You must not have been reading my posts while he was here... :D
I remember you were very realistic in your evaluation of him, which is another way of saying you were critical where it was deserved. :smile:

I also remember we were told if we misspelled his name we would be suspended. My guess is that prohibition against misspelling his name has been lifted. :smile:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I remember you were very realistic in your evaluation of him, which is another way of saying you were critical where it was deserved. :smile:

I also remember we were told if we misspelled his name we would be suspended. My guess is that prohibition against misspelling his name has been lifted. :smile:
I don't remember that one, but I'm not selmaborntidefan

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I don't remember that at all. If a mod had stated that, I would have nuked it and reprimanded the mod. However, if you can dig up an example, I'll concede that point. However, what I don't care for are the posts inferring that some of his conduct was just playful stuff. It wasn't, not by a long shot. He was unreliable at crucial spots. Here's his latest shot, inferring that he couldn't get Saban to follow his sage advice, but that Saban did after he left...

Backhand Compliment

TiderinAZ

1st Team
Sep 20, 2015
Carefree, AZ
This is starting to feel like a "Fatal Attraction" relationship, the ex that won't go away!

By all the attention the media is giving Kiffin and Saban you would think they were together as long as Nick and Miss Terry.

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
Didn't CNS state last year that he had indeed cut back on the practices leading up to the playoff games for the express purpose of resting the players?

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
I believe that he makes decisions based on his own beliefs and observations, that of his assistants, and others that he observes or has discussions with.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.