Kiffin's Rediscovery

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, the transition must have been gradual. When God gave him his second chance at Bama, he didn't live a Godly life, right up to when he left. I obviously hope for him that it's all accurate...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I'm hoping he's a "work in progress" these days. If he takes the "it's not about you" seriously, he should be spending less and less time "trolling" on Twitter.

Haven't seen that yet.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm hoping he's a "work in progress" these days. If he takes the "it's not about you" seriously, he should be spending less and less time "trolling" on Twitter.

Haven't seen that yet.
I'm not sure that his trolling on twitter IS about him tbh. He may enjoy it but it is keeping him in the headlines and along with him FAU. I bet you a lot of football fans barely knew the FAU was a school until he went there and did his trolling.

That said, idk how that would fly at bigger programs.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Haven't seen that yet.
His trolling is one of the best of all time, but that has nothing to do with his personal life growth. If he's sincere about everything he said in article, then he's a work in progress... learning to be a better person overall. Just keep praying for his growth.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think Kiffin has changed some, but come on, he hasn't changed that much. He's always been talented, but he's had issues at each stop. I don't harbor ill will against him because he put together a masterful offensive gameplan that helped Alabama win one championship. Then he went full Kiffin on Alabama and helped make sure they didn't win another. That's who he is, ultimately an immature self-destructive person.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He is still a great offensive mind, but may never be a great head coach. What he does in his private life is none of my business.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I'm not sure that his trolling on twitter IS about him tbh. He may enjoy it but it is keeping him in the headlines and along with him FAU. I bet you a lot of football fans barely knew the FAU was a school until he went there and did his trolling.

That said, idk how that would fly at bigger programs.
He did the same at UT, didn't he get eleventy billion secondary violations there? He was always doing something to keep them being talked about. I think he uses the bad pub to get time to talk about his program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
When he said God gave him a second chanced after USC, I thought he was talking about CNS for a minute.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
Never a bad thing to get a little churchin' up. And it is a bit judgmental to immediately assume bad faith. I guess we'll see what happens to Kiffin's other "persona".

B

BamaJ

I do hope and pray that he has gotten his life together and that he is trusting in the finished work of Christ for his salvation and his hope. We are told that we will know a Christian based on their fruit, their actions. That's not judging. That's Scripture. Doesn't mean anyone will be perfect, I know I am not, not by a long shot. If true, this is really good news for Kiffin and I wish him all the best. I remember I couldn't stand him and when Saban hired him I had to eat some crow because I never thought I could be a fan of his. He's still a little pompous but I think some of that went away during and after sitting under Saban. I hope that continues as well. Humility is what the man needed and on that tarmac when he got the poop can, I believe he began to be humbled. Anyway, I'm an FAU fan while he's there. Who knows, maybe he'll get Jalen next year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Never a bad thing to get a little churchin' up. And it is a bit judgmental to immediately assume bad faith. I guess we'll see what happens to Kiffin's other "persona".
I'm afraid a little skepticism is in order. As we used to say when I was a kid - "too many trips to the altar"...

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
I am a work in progress and I did enjoy reading Lane say what he said because he acknowledges certain truths about himself and us all. Best of luck to him. Good read.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.