Former 5-Star ILB Brandon “Ale” Kaho is joining Alabama

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
To clarify, Bama and UW were his 1A and 1B choices. Many of us were surprised when it wasn't Bama. Yes, there are family problems - deaths and a divorce. However, it appears that Bama feels more like "family" now. I think too much is being made of the geography...
Sometimes college choice is to get away from a situation, or persons. Sometimes college is just finding a situation you are comfortable with. I hope he learns to love Alabama. He will be a welcome addition at Alabama.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
No offense to our other contributors but Jam has become the best recruiting guru that we have ever had.
Has been for a while now, IMO. He went away for a while and those of us who, whether we admit it or not, are recruiting junkies, missed him a lot.

Wouldn`t mind seeing a reappearance of BigEasyTider ( BET ) as well!

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
That site hates my pop-up blocker. I doubt I even want to know what the writer had to say.
He doesn't say much, other than mentioning that Tosh used to coach at UW and was under investigation when he left. The comments, though, are another story.

Question: some of the fans are saying we have been under NCAA sanctions 4 times since 1995. That isn't right is it? I thought we had the whole Jelks thing and the Means thing and that was it. Both several coaches or more ago. What am I forgetting?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
He doesn't say much, other than mentioning that Tosh used to coach at UW and was under investigation when he left. The comments, though, are another story.

Question: some of the fans are saying we have been under NCAA sanctions 4 times since 1995. That isn't right is it? I thought we had the whole Jelks thing and the Means thing and that was it. Both several coaches or more ago. What am I forgetting?
Textbooks?

Looks like Washington has been on probation twice during roughly the same time frame as Bama was with three stretches.

http://www.footballgeography.com/college-football-fbs-and-ncaa-probation/

Also sounds like some UW fans are admitting that they had an assistant with some wrong-doing recently.

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Text books... :-(

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
That site hates my pop-up blocker. I doubt I even want to know what the writer had to say.
Slightly off-topic -

TLDR;

I keep one browser heavily screwed down for general browsing, and another for "trusted" sites or occasional news sites that give you nothing with the screwed down browser.

More;

I use Sea Monkey (a Firefox flavor) with "NoScript" addon for general browsing. This turns off absolutely everything, transitively, for your target site and any cross-linked sites (almost always ads). Then, you gradually turn on trust, permanently or temporarily. Every time you restart your browser, all your temp trusts are gone.

After a few days with this setup, you will find unscrewed-down browsers to be unusable, disruptive, slow, loud (e.g.autoplay videos), with stuff loading in the middle of pages, sides of pages, stuff popping out of your cursor.

I use Chrome for gmail and work-related applications, and if necessary, sites like this Washington news site that gives nothing to a screwed-down browser.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Wondering if he is on campus yet. Anyone have an update? Thanks in advance.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
To be fair, the textbooks thing was from before Saban...
All of it was before Saban. All new admin and coaching staff. It's basically a whole different organization from 12 years ago.

It's why I don't currently bring up USC's murky past when they recruit - it's not even close to the same organization. I guess some people have the "once a cheater, always a cheater" mentality about some teams but it's just not true in any direction. That line of thinking can apply to individuals, but once nearly every single individual in a position of authority has left an organization you have to re-center yourself on what the new identity of the school is. So in the case of USC I'd say they work hard to stay clean BECAUSE of their past and also pat themselves on the back for being glorious USC and then choke in big moments.

Last edited:

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
All of it was before Saban. All new admin and coaching staff. It's basically a whole different organization from 12 years ago.

It's why I don't currently bring up USC's murky past when they recruit - it's not even close to the same organization. I guess some people have the "once a cheater, always a cheater" mentality about some teams but it's just not true in any direction. That line of thinking can apply to individuals, but once nearly every single individual in a position of authority has left an organization you have to re-center yourself on what the new identity of the school is. So in the case of USC I'd say they work hard to stay clean BECAUSE of their past and also pat themselves on the back for being glorious USC and then choke in big moments.
I thought it actually happened under Saban. Looked it up and it says the improper charges happened in fall of 2007 but the timeline didn't really add up in the article so I'm not sure.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I thought it actually happened under Saban. Looked it up and it says the improper charges happened in fall of 2007 but the timeline didn't really add up in the article so I'm not sure.
my understanding was that the textbook thing had been going on since before Saban and it was found during his first (2007) season. The university found it and reported it and all players were suspended by the programs before we even heard back from the NCAA about it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
my understanding was that the textbook thing had been going on since before Saban and it was found during his first (2007) season. The university found it and reported it and all players were suspended by the programs before we even heard back from the NCAA about it.
Yah it was discovered the week of the tennessee game, Bama announced the suspension of three starters (two OL and a RB) and two reserve players just before kickoff and Bama still destroyed the fat-fulmers 41-17.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.