Former 5-Star ILB Brandon “Ale” Kaho is joining Alabama

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Yah, definitely going to need some time in the weight room.
Yep....If he hits the weights really hard now in August and Sept though he might be able to put on a good 10LB's of lean mass.

That could be good enough come Oct-Nov but even if he's still a tad undersized then he's mega QUICK/FAST already.

He has 'Rabbit' written all over him right now!!!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The question is gaining enough mass to be of early help at ILB, which requires strength/bulk...
Yah, I think he's a lo-ng shot for this season, unless they move him outside to be something like one of our pic CB blitzes. Even then, just doesn't seem big enough - he's fast, but if a tackle ever got in front of him, he's done.

I think he likely gets some situational play this year (under the new RS rule) and develops under Cochran. Could be as early as next year that he's ready to thump as an ILB.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Yah, I think he's a lo-ng shot for this season, unless they move him outside to be something like one of our pic CB blitzes. Even then, just doesn't seem big enough - he's fast, but if a tackle ever got in front of him, he's done.

I think he likely gets some situational play this year (under the new RS rule) and develops under Cochran. Could be as early as next year that he's ready to thump as an ILB.
In his HS tape he hit like a ton of bricks. He was a load. Kind of Reuben-lite. The kid is a special talent. Don't know about the intangibles, but physically, he is special. Great quickness and speed to go with that pop - some people are just made differently.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Yep....If he hits the weights really hard now in August and Sept though he might be able to put on a good 10LB's of lean mass.

That could be good enough come Oct-Nov but even if he's still a tad undersized then he's mega QUICK/FAST already.

He has 'Rabbit' written all over him right now!!!
I'm not sure he's even big enough for that right now. both evans as moses as rabbits were still in the 225 to 230 range, and he's looking closer to 210 right now but he's still not listed on the roster - I guess we'll know then.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Pardon me if I missed anything, but has Ale Kaho seen any playing time so far this year. I know he came in during preseason practice. Just wondering how he was progressing. Krymsonman

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Pardon me if I missed anything, but has Ale Kaho seen any playing time so far this year. I know he came in during preseason practice. Just wondering how he was progressing. Krymsonman
Don't expect him to play a lot for a while. He's behind when it comes to Playbook. I wouldn't be shocked to see him redshirt this season. The final 4 games of the season will show how much he progress on the field. He's doing just fine.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.