Former 5-Star ILB Brandon “Ale” Kaho is joining Alabama

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I would be a hypocrite if I didn't mention the fact that this kid left UW to get closer to home (Nevada) following some family issues. I welcome him with open arms, of course, but a lot of us, including myself, were pretty negative about the ECU kid changing from us to WSU when we made much more sense geographically. All situations are different, but it did bear mentioning.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I would be a hypocrite if I didn't mention the fact that this kid left UW to get closer to home (Nevada) following some family issues. I welcome him with open arms, of course, but a lot of us, including myself, were pretty negative about the ECU kid changing from us to WSU when we made much more sense geographically. All situations are different, but it did bear mentioning.
I noticed that too. Maybe he has some extended family closer? Just trying to give the kid the benefit of the doubt. I am just happy we got another linebacker for depth.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I don't really get it. He was having issues at school and needed be closer to home so he goes to Alabama? Whatever, I'll take it and hope it works out for the best.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
To clarify, Bama and UW were his 1A and 1B choices. Many of us were surprised when it wasn't Bama. Yes, there are family problems - deaths and a divorce. However, it appears that Bama feels more like "family" now. I think too much is being made of the geography...

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
When this first bubbled up, I assumed he would have to sit a year. Excited he’ll have a chance to contribute in 2018. He’s got a lot to learn. Still, he made a great choice. RTR!

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
To clarify, Bama and UW were his 1A and 1B choices. Many of us were surprised when it wasn't Bama. Yes, there are family problems - deaths and a divorce. However, it appears that Bama feels more like "family" now. I think too much is being made of the geography...
That position is fine to take. It works to our advantage now, anyway. But I did care about it when it went the other way, and many of us did. So, we gotta call it like it is. Either way, though, I will wish him a Roll Tide and all the best while he is playing for us.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
It's going to be a tall task to avoid a redshirt but we saw last year that there is no such thing as too much depth at linebacker. We missed on some guys this past recruiting cycle, this is an excellent get to make up for that.
You are probably correct, but with the new redshirt rules he can at least play in 4 games gaining valuable experience. This rule is taylor made for this kind of situation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.