Brookwood Medical Center’s Medicare Provider Agreement has Been Terminated by CMS

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Odd that a hospital in that location has so much trouble. Mom was there several times over the years...great people in the ER, but once you were on the floor, you were practically on your own.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
This possibly affects smaller hospitals too. They’ve bought out both Princeton & Walker Baptist. I assume those locations will be affected in some way even though this relates to the Birmingham location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This was going to happen unless they reached a complete and total impasse. That it got this far tells you the serious nature of the issues at hand.
Makes one wonder if it's just spectacularly bad management or if they're being outcompeted and just can't keep their census up...

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I live 10 minutes from Brookwood and my family has used it several times. I think this is bad management as opposed to a census issue. They've certainly spent money on capital improvements.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.