Who can we flip?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 55
  1. #1
    BamaNation Second Team Bamabirdie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Sunny South Florida
    Posts
    67

    Big A Who can we flip?

    Aside from the three or four commitments we are trying to hold, are there any guys committed to our “friendly competitors” that we might be able to flip?

  2. #2
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    665

    Re: Who can we flip?

    I'm no insider at all but I'd say a couple candidates would be Akeem Dent from FSU and maybe Nathan Pickering from MSU. Possibly more but not sure.

  3. #3
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,767

    Re: Who can we flip?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiderollin32 View Post
    I'm no insider at all but I'd say a couple candidates would be Akeem Dent from FSU and maybe Nathan Pickering from MSU. Possibly more but not sure.
    Pickering has a grade issue. Dent, we haven't recruited him in months. Don't think we will flip anyone. Just focusing on our remaining targets.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

  4. #4
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    11,700

    Re: Who can we flip?

    I wouldn't be surprised if a 3 or 4 star we've never heard of emerges.

  5. #5
    BamaNation All-SEC Blindside13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Near the Barn
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Who can we flip?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiderollin32 View Post
    I'm no insider at all but I'd say a couple candidates would be Akeem Dent from FSU and maybe Nathan Pickering from MSU. Possibly more but not sure.
    Flipping Dent is a real possibility. Pickering is all MSU.

  6. #6
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,767

    Re: Who can we flip?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindside13 View Post
    Flipping Dent is a real possibility. Pickering is all MSU.
    Jam and RTO said Pickering is all Auburn... and Dent.. we're not likely to get him.. so I'm confused... did I miss something here?
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

  7. #7
    Super Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    39,148

    Re: Who can we flip?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Jam and RTO said Pickering is all Auburn... and Dent.. we're not likely to get him.. so I'm confused... did I miss something here?
    Do you mean Pickens is all Auburn?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  8. #8
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,767

    Re: Who can we flip?

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Do you mean Pickens is all Auburn?
    Thanks! The name escaped my mind for a moment.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

  9. #9
    News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: Who can we flip?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blindside13 View Post
    Flipping Dent is a real possibility. Pickering is all MSU.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Jam and RTO said Pickering is all Auburn... and Dent.. we're not likely to get him.. so I'm confused... did I miss something here?
    Everything that I think is credible says we haven't recruited Dent in weeks.

    Pickering is a real possibility, but we've been left at the altar with far too many Mississippi kids for me to be confident.

  10. #10
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    4,616

    Re: Who can we flip?

    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    Everything that I think is credible says we haven't recruited Dent in weeks.

    Pickering is a real possibility, but we've been left at the altar with far too many Mississippi kids for me to be confident.
    from what I understand, Dent has some issues of the field and I believe his sister attends FSU as well. Bama has really cooled off on him and the fact our secondary needs have been met with success. there is talk about Marcus Banks , but nothing concrete yet.

    https://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Banks-46041877/

    Pickering has been flirting with Bama for awhile. he didn't sign during the ESD period so there is a chance, but I wouldn't hold my breath for him and honestly , we should be concern about holding on to another coveted Miss. kid in Bryan Young.
    Young is physically ready to play as a freshman and IMO has more upside than Pickering. Young can play both DT/DE. aside from Alfano, Young is my favorite Dline commit in this class.

  11. #11
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: Who can we flip?

    I’d be happy with just getting the remaining targets on board.....

  12. #12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    JAWJA
    Posts
    6,967

    Re: Who can we flip?

    I’ve seen the Dent thing on other boards , while nothing would surprise I think it is pure speculation given his interest 6-8 months ago.
    to 16 and beyond........

  13. #13
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    JAWJA
    Posts
    6,967

    Re: Who can we flip?

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    from what I understand, Dent has some issues of the field and I believe his sister attends FSU as well. Bama has really cooled off on him and the fact our secondary needs have been met with success. there is talk about Marcus Banks , but nothing concrete yet.

    https://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Banks-46041877/

    Pickering has been flirting with Bama for awhile. he didn't sign during the ESD period so there is a chance, but I wouldn't hold my breath for him and honestly , we should be concern about holding on to another coveted Miss. kid in Bryan Young.
    Young is physically ready to play as a freshman and IMO has more upside than Pickering. Young can play both DT/DE. aside from Alfano, Young is my favorite Dline commit in this class.

    Mine to, I really hope he sticks. Think he will be a beast. Who is our biggest threat for him, State?
    to 16 and beyond........

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

Shop for Alabama Crimson Tide Gear at Fanatics