**** PG Kira Lewis SIGNS with Alabama **** - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: **** PG Kira Lewis Commits to Alabama, Will Reclassify and Join Team This Week **

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Lassr4Bama's Avatar

Re: **** PG Kira Lewis Commits to Alabama, Will Reclassify and Join Team This Week **

Watched him play over the past few years and very happy he chose the Tide. Fun player to watch, smart, and got a level head on his shoulder, and put in extra school work to graduate early.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    The same way college athletes can graduate in 3 years, summer school, online courses, etc.
    Traditionally speaking, there haven't been a lot of similarities between high school and college course work. Anyway, I was just curious, but I'm glad to have KL headed to T-town.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by teamplayer View Post
    Traditionally speaking, there haven't been a lot of similarities between high school and college course work. Anyway, I was just curious, but I'm glad to have KL headed to T-town.
    I mostly agree with you but over the past 3-5 years more and more kids are graduating high school early and enrolling early to participate in spring football so it seems to be starting to happen in basketball too with more kids starting to reclassify. When I graduated high school (30 years ago) it was unheard of. Now kids have all kinds of options with online courses, summer school, dual college/high school enrollment, AP courses, etc. that it has become a lot more common. I question how kids can travel all over playing basketball/football/camps during the summer yet still take courses to graduate high school early. I also question how college athletes can spend so much time working out, practicing, etc and still graduate in 3 years. I have my opinions on this but I will keep those to myself.