**** PG Kira Lewis SIGNS with Alabama ****

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Re: **** PG Kira Lewis Commits to Alabama, Will Reclassify and Join Team This Week **

Okay, I'm confused. How does a guy who was heading into his senior year of high school suddenly decide to skip it and go to college a year early? There has to be a part of the story that is missing. I know guys sometimes get enough credits to graduate a semester early, but I've never heard of getting enough credits to skip an entire year. Either way, KL seems to be a fantastic player, and I hope he blends in well with our current guys.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Re: **** PG Kira Lewis Commits to Alabama, Will Reclassify and Join Team This Week **

Okay, I'm confused. How does a guy who was heading into his senior year of high school suddenly decide to skip it and go to college a year early? There has to be a part of the story that is missing. I know guys sometimes get enough credits to graduate a semester early, but I've never heard of getting enough credits to skip an entire year. Either way, KL seems to be a fantastic player, and I hope he blends in well with our current guys.
It looked like he was already on track to graduate in December, so I’m pretty sure that he took a semesters worth of work in summer school. If you look at a 4 block schedule (one of those blocks probably being an athletic PE) he could definitely finish 3 classes in summer school. Especially the way it is done now with online credit recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I know Collin was amazingly fast but Kira does not look that far behind him. We may have a new Bull. Welcome and RTR Kira.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

The same way college athletes can graduate in 3 years, summer school, online courses, etc.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

With the addition of Lewis, I can't help but to think we will play even faster on the court. This reminds me of an offense smilar to Laker, Pelicans and Warriors. Ball movement, open shots. Petty has to improve his shot consistency.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL

Watched him play over the past few years and very happy he chose the Tide. Fun player to watch, smart, and got a level head on his shoulder, and put in extra school work to graduate early.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

The same way college athletes can graduate in 3 years, summer school, online courses, etc.
Traditionally speaking, there haven't been a lot of similarities between high school and college course work. Anyway, I was just curious, but I'm glad to have KL headed to T-town.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Traditionally speaking, there haven't been a lot of similarities between high school and college course work. Anyway, I was just curious, but I'm glad to have KL headed to T-town.
I mostly agree with you but over the past 3-5 years more and more kids are graduating high school early and enrolling early to participate in spring football so it seems to be starting to happen in basketball too with more kids starting to reclassify. When I graduated high school (30 years ago) it was unheard of. Now kids have all kinds of options with online courses, summer school, dual college/high school enrollment, AP courses, etc. that it has become a lot more common. I question how kids can travel all over playing basketball/football/camps during the summer yet still take courses to graduate high school early. I also question how college athletes can spend so much time working out, practicing, etc and still graduate in 3 years. I have my opinions on this but I will keep those to myself.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.