West Virginia Judiciary Committee Votes to Impeach the Entire State Supreme Court

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
This is an unusual constitutional issue.
West Virginia House panel votes to impeach entire state Supreme Court
One justice has already resigned.

I like seeing public officials impeached, just to remind them that it is possible.
I really like seeing judicial officials impeached.
I just wish a bunch of federal judges would be impeached and removed, to remind them that while they are independent of popular political pressures, they are not independent of the Constitution. They are in fact, strictly subordinate to the Constitution.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
The judge in the Manafort case looks to be a bit off the reservation...
I bet if you are ever charged with a crime, you would want a judge that insists on a speedy trial and does his best to keep the enormous power of the government from something akin to "show me the man, and I'll show you the crime". (not saying the defendant is innocent - I have no idea. I just appreciate a judge trying to keep the playing field from tilting any further)

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
I bet if you are ever charged with a crime, you would want a judge that insists on a speedy trial and does his best to keep the enormous power of the government from something akin to "show me the man, and I'll show you the crime". (not saying the defendant is innocent - I have no idea. I just appreciate a judge trying to keep the playing field from tilting any further)
Whatever. Even Fox News is criticizing the judge. Hell, yesterday, he had to tell the jury to ignore his outburst from the day before.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
And the WV House votes to impeach three of the four.

If the trials results in removal, then Justice Beth Walker will be the only person on the WV Supreme Court (until WV finds replacements).
How does a justice spend in excess of appropriated monies on office renovations? Does WV not have an Anti-deficiency Act?
This whole thing is weird.

Of course, the very existence of the state of West Virginia is unconstitutional, so this seems par for the course.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.