Wake Forrest asst Charged for 3rd degree assault.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
He was released without bail as well.

A sad story all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
probably the same way the stand your ground dude didn't get charged. Maybe the police think it was self defense? Article said charges could change pending the investigation. We should wait and see how that turns out before we rush to judge
Before we rush to judge...

So, wait another five minutes?

:biggrin2:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Not trying to poke the bear here, but this is a prime example as to why the FL SYG law (and its application in the recent shooting thread) isn't as insane as it appears on the surface.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I glanced through the article so forgive me if it was mentioned in it. But did the assistant coach punch the guy while sitting in his car, or did he get out and then punch him? If he punched him while seated in his car and was able to knock the guy out cold, then he's got one helluva of right hand. Good night alive.

Last edited:

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
I glanced through the article so forgive me if it was mentioned in it. But did the assistant coach punch the guy while sitting in his car, or did he get out and then punch him? If he punched him while seated in his car and was able to knock the guy out cold, then he's got one helluva of right hand. Good night alive.
From a different article, it was stated as while sitting in his car and through the window. The punch didn't kill him, the pavement did. And it really doesn't take that hard of a punch to knock a heavily intoxicated person off balance enough to make them fall. Just a possibility.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Articles I've read say Jones got out of the vehicle before punching Szabo.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
From the MSN article posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR:
"A person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press that Szabo may have been drunkenly knocking on car windows before Jones allegedly confronted him. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the person was not allowed to speak publicly.

The coach got out, followed Szabo to the sidewalk, clocked him and sped off, police said. Szabo never regained consciousness and was taken off life support Tuesday."

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
From the MSN article posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR:
"A person familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press that Szabo may have been drunkenly knocking on car windows before Jones allegedly confronted him. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the person was not allowed to speak publicly.

The coach got out, followed Szabo to the sidewalk, clocked him and sped off, police said. Szabo never regained consciousness and was taken off life support Tuesday."
Not good if he got out of the vehicle.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
So, can we at least agree that assaulting someone is not cool?

Because it sometimes leads to additional things that we all do not want to see happen?
"Assaulting" is a very broad category that can range from a stiff arm push (where the person being pushed never falls to the ground) to beating someone's face to a pulp. So let's not try to sell the idea that all things that fall under "assault" are equal. Let's leave the Florida handicapped parking shooting incident out of this thread. I think we've beat that one to death.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
The original article I read stated the punch was through the window. Appears that was wrong. If he got out of his vehicle, I agree, it very well could change things.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
"Assaulting" is a very broad category that can range from a stiff arm push (where the person being pushed never falls to the ground) to beating someone's face to a pulp. So let's not try to sell the idea that all things that fall under "assault" are equal. Let's leave the Florida handicapped parking shooting incident out of this thread. I think we've beat that one to death.
Sure, Buzz....I agree...no need to get back into the Florida handicapped incident.

But I stand by what I said......that assaulting someone is NOT cool, regardless of how you define assault.

I also stand by my comment that it often leads to things we don't want to see happen, regardless of how one defines assault.

We can debate the finer details of every situation we read or hear about in the news. I mean, I'll be the first one to say every situation is different.

But assault is assault.

NOT cool and people just need to stop doing that.....and then wonder why bad things follow.

Like I have said here before......just point to the scoreboard.......

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Sure, Buzz....I agree...no need to get back into the Florida handicapped incident.

But I stand by what I said......that assaulting someone is NOT cool, regardless of how you define assault.

I also stand by my comment that it often leads to things we don't want to see happen, regardless of how one defines assault.

We can debate the finer details of every situation we read or hear about in the news. I mean, I'll be the first one to say every situation is different.

But assault is assault.

NOT cool and people just need to stop doing that.....and then wonder why bad things follow.

Like I have said here before......just point to the scoreboard.......
Getting in someone's business that you have absolutely zero reason to be in, can lead to you creating a situation that someone either gets their butt kicked or killed. Simply because an action doesn't fall under a defined law of the government. Doesn't mean it didn't have a direct impact on following events. Having a letter of the law mindset rather than a spirit of the law mindset can paint you into a lot of corners where you have to ignore real life to support your view.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Getting in someone's business that you have absolutely zero reason to be in, can lead to you creating a situation that someone either gets their butt kicked or killed. Simply because an action doesn't fall under a defined law of the government. Doesn't mean it didn't have a direct impact on following events. Having a letter of the law mindset rather than a spirit of the law mindset can paint you into a lot of corners where you have to ignore real life to support your view.
Yeah.....so every day we have people sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong.

They shouldn't be doing that. On that - we agree. But we can't control that.

But what we do in REACTION to it - that's something WE can control.

Was my point.....

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Yeah.....so every day we have people sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong.

They shouldn't be doing that. On that - we agree. But we can't control that.

But what we do in REACTION to it - that's something WE can control.

Was my point.....
You're trying your damnedest to paint all things equal in order to support your view. LOL! This is what happens when you take "the letter of the law" approach. I'm bowing out of this one. I think all parties who have chimed in on this have decided where they stand.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.