So AJ may not even get to be the placeholder for Allen?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Peterman isn't good at all. If they go with Peterman as a starting QB, he won't last 3 games. Allen is not ready. They are better off having AJ for the year... but I think he won't be with Bills any longer. I wouldn't be shocked to see him signing with a team who needs a QB.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The Tampa Bay Tines had two writers rank the starting QBs in the NFL today. The good news was both had AJ starting for the Bills. The bad news was they ranked him dead last. I hope his wife did not spend that entire signing bonus on shoes, and they put some aside for the future.
I believe AJ's wife (with her modeling career) makes significantly more than AJ. Just like Tom Brady's wife's income makes his look like chump change.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Watching the highlights it looked like AJ played about as well as he possibly could given the supporting cast. They will be making a mistake if they cut him loose.

rtr

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Peterman isn't good at all. If they go with Peterman as a starting QB, he won't last 3 games. Allen is not ready. They are better off having AJ for the year... but I think he won't be with Bills any longer. I wouldn't be shocked to see him signing with a team who needs a QB.
A lot of QBs look good in practice and the preseason. Trevor Seimien looked great for the Broncos until the real deal rolled around. Peterman is the identical specimen to him. When the live fire starts in won’t be pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I hope Baker Mayfield lights the Bills up where there can be a high stress environment because from the beat writers in Buffalo there isn’t that much difference between all three QBs.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Watching the highlights it looked like AJ played about as well as he possibly could given the supporting cast. They will be making a mistake if they cut him loose.

rtr
I don’t think the Bills are cutting any of the 3 QBs. Really can’t afford to. They got three unproven QBs, 2 they are willing to play steward and 1 for the future.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don’t think the Bills are cutting any of the 3 QBs. Really can’t afford to. They got three unproven QBs, 2 they are willing to play steward and 1 for the future.
This is possible - it is not unusual for teams to carry 3 QB on their active roster anymore.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Especially if you don't really have a starting QB anyway. Might as well carry three so you have more options before going to the waiver wire and free agents.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I'm really surprised that AJ hasn't found more success in the NFL. I didn't think he'd be a stud and he's never had a great arm but I always felt like he had a good mixture of intelligence, moxie, and leadership which is a big part of being a good QB.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'm really surprised that AJ hasn't found more success in the NFL. I didn't think he'd be a stud and he's never had a great arm but I always felt like he had a good mixture of intelligence, moxie, and leadership which is a big part of being a good QB.
It’s not that surprising when you look at teams.

AJ is like Tom Brady in terms of styles of qbs in that he has the right height, right release, and right IQ. But he lacks talent and mobility. Talent not meaning he sucks, I’m more talking about comparing Baker Mayfield to AJ type of comparisons. Both are talented enough to be NFL QBs but Baker is more athletically gifted than AJ. Keep in mind Brady is just like AJ in style and build, but also keep in mind it took an insane amount of luck for Brady to ever see the field.

I think AJ has potential to have a few good years, but I just don’t ever see him as an elite QB or a franchise qb.

Last edited:

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
there are worse things than making $10 million by the time you are 30 and being able to remember your grandkids' names when you are in your 60's.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
https://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/08/aj_mccarron_finally_going_to_p.html

In Buffalo's 28-23 loss to the Carolina Panthers on Thursday night, Peterman played the first quarter with the first team, McCarron played the second quarter with the second team and Allen played the second half with the rest of the reserves.
In practice this week, Allen, the seventh player picked in the 2018 NFL Draft, has taken his snaps with the second-team offense, while McCarron and Peterman have rotated between the first and third teams.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I have no idea why they even bothered signing AJ, if they knew they were going to draft a QB. What was the point?
The NFL is a big transition. AJ is a safer bet in the short-term. He's a hedge against the risk. Additionally he could be a world beat but needs a year to simmer in the NFL terminology and the speed of the game. AJ's just a bridge piece. That's why he's only got a 2 year deal.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The NFL is a big transition. AJ is a safer bet in the short-term. He's a hedge against the risk. Additionally he could be a world beat but needs a year to simmer in the NFL terminology and the speed of the game. AJ's just a bridge piece. That's why he's only got a 2 year deal.
Yep - Buffalo is a football town. The fans don't like to watch their team lose. If Allen is slow to develop, AJ is a known quantity. But as soon as Allen is ready, he is going to play.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Josh Allen is the next Jay Cutler. Sure he stinks now, but he might be good one day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.