So AJ may not even get to be the placeholder for Allen?

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Yep - Buffalo is a football town. The fans don't like to watch their team lose. If Allen is slow to develop, AJ is a known quantity. But as soon as Allen is ready, he is going to play.
And I don't think anyone can blame them, because Allen's ceiling is much higher than either AJ's or Peterman's, but there is also the chance that Allen never gets off the ground and AJ is an excellent guy to stick in there to hold the fort for awhile. I just don't think anyone (including AJ) figured Peterman being in the mix, but the Buffalo papers talk about how Peterman was drafted by the coach and that he sees something in the kid. Who knows? Maybe the GM favors AJ but not the coach? We will see. It's still early.

rtr

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Benjamin dropped a great pass from AJ on the first play of the game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We need an NFL thread - Ridley returning kicks for ATL tonight. He also has a reception for 36 yards.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Buffalo offensive line looks terrible, and AJ is paying for it. :pDT_kap:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Buffalo offensive line looks terrible, and AJ is paying for it. :pDT_kap:
The Browns are only rushing 4 and just killing him. The Bills are getting penalties, putting him in 1st (2nd and 3rd) and long. My bet is the back-ups come in and the Bills back-up QBs will look better and the louder idiots will say AJ stinks and the rookie should play.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The Browns are only rushing 4 and just killing him. The Bills are getting penalties, putting him in 1st (2nd and 3rd) and long. My bet is the back-ups come in and the Bills back-up QBs will look better and the louder idiots will say AJ stinks and the rookie should play.
Glad to see the announcers pointing out the poor play of the o-line, and the fact that AJ was not responsible for those stats. This o-line is going to get a QB or two hurt this year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hate to say it, but Allen looks pretty good in this game. AJ had to face the Brown's 1st team defense and got nothing. Against the scrubs, Allen has looked very good.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Told you that would happen. Allen will get the start next week most likely.
Remember, the coaches see everything that these guys do, not just these plays. The word is that the coaching staff wants AJ to be the starter this year. But, much like Saban, they want him to "win" the team.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Remember, the coaches see everything that these guys do, not just these plays. The word is that the coaching staff wants AJ to be the starter this year. But, much like Saban, they want him to "win" the team.
Well, we will see next week who is the starter. Typically the third preseason game is when the "starters" play longer. That starting Bills Oline just looked really bad tonight. I still say the Bills need to keep 3 QBs.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
At least he made $5 million guaranteed this year. As long as he manages his money he should be set for life..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.