So AJ may not even get to be the placeholder for Allen?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That starting Bills Oline just looked really bad tonight. I still say the Bills need to keep 3 QBs.
Well that's because the Bills's Oline is just now put together. The average player got there in 2017. While NFL experience wise they aren't bad, but being a team they are just now starting to work with each other. AJ has never been a scrambler, and this whole process has proven that and how far the Bills offense is behind.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well that's because the Bills's Oline is just now put together. The average player got there in 2017. While NFL experience wise they aren't bad, but being a team they are just now starting to work with each other. AJ has never been a scrambler, and this whole process has proven that and how far the Bills offense is behind.
Yeah, I feel for any QB who has to play behind that line this year. They got mauled by the Browns starters. They had multiple players beat on the line on ever snap in the first quarter, before the Browns called off the dogs. Sad to hear that AJ got injured, but he got paid and he got a shot. Maybe he will get another shot, but that will probably require another injury at the position at this point (which is entirely possible).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yeah, I feel for any QB who has to play behind that line this year. They got mauled by the Browns starters. They had multiple players beat on the line on ever snap in the first quarter, before the Browns called off the dogs. Sad to hear that AJ got injured, but he got paid and he got a shot. Maybe he will get another shot, but that will probably require another injury at the position at this point (which is entirely possible).
This was one of my biggest points of concerns with him aggressively trying to get a steward job. Most of the teams teams looking for qbs have horrible Olines and are looking for the future. I still think his best play was to find a team with an 05 draftee qb or go for the Brady and Brees qbs, and become the heir apparent. He would've gotten more preseason snaps than he ever had, he would have far superior lines, and he would have a better organization. But I get that he felt the need to play immediately

But this is probably is going to be the nail in the coffin for the Buffalo starter job for him. I think Peterman plays 6 games and then Allen comes in.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He should have been starting somewhere long before this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
His fate was sealed when the Pats took Jimmy G and the Cheifs took Aaron Murrary. The Bengals are one of the worst organizations in past decade. They love to make insane deals. I think his only hope was to reach the AFCCG when he had the reigns, but that was very unlikely even if Pac Man didn't lose the Wild Card for him because he would've had to outduel the GOAT the next week with a bunch of immature manbabbies.

The NFL is a cruel beast.
Yes, but it can also be one of the most rewarding beasts too. While AJ had all the advantages in college, guys like Josh Allen, Joe Flacco, and Ben Roethlisberger never had anywhere near those advantages. You could be a guy that was never thought of in high school and college, but get seen at some big fish's homecoming game by a scout and be picked in the 1st round.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I think his only hope was to reach the AFCCG when he had the reigns, but that was very unlikely even if Pac Man didn't lose the Wild Card for him because he would've had to outduel the GOAT the next week with a bunch of immature manbabbies.
Great description :) - accurate too.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Glad to see the announcers pointing out the poor play of the o-line, and the fact that AJ was not responsible for those stats. This o-line is going to get a QB or two hurt this year.
You are officially on AJ's stink list! :biggrin2:

Unless that offensive line makes a marked improvement, quickly, the Bills might need five or six QBs this season. I hate it for AJ and just hope this wasn't his last chance to try his hand as a starter in the NFL.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I get the competitor in him. But he should take the money and retire. Take your cute kid(s) and your hot wife and start your coaching career.

Save your body. And count yourself lucky
I doubt a hairline crack in his collar bone sends him into retirement, at this point.

He may never start a game in the NFL, but it won't be because he quit because of this.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I doubt a hairline crack in his collar bone sends him into retirement, at this point.
The problem is he is under contract, which would require a trade or release from the Bills. This whole ordeal was a serious gamble in the first place, and judging by this preseason it is almost safe to assume Allen will get the start week 5. Once Allen gets the role AJ is probably under the same circumstances he was before in having to watch instead of playing. After that 2 years are up, AJ would be a 29 year old qb with very little experience on the field. His whole goal in this move was to see the field to get folks interested in getting him. So this could probably be the end unless someone jumps on him during the trade deadline or in the offseason.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The problem is he is under contract, which would require a trade or release from the Bills. This whole ordeal was a serious gamble in the first place, and judging by this preseason it is almost safe to assume Allen will get the start week 5. Once Allen gets the role AJ is probably under the same circumstances he was before in having to watch instead of playing. After that 2 years are up, AJ would be a 29 year old qb with very little experience on the field. His whole goal in this move was to see the field to get folks interested in getting him. So this could probably be the end unless someone jumps on him during the trade deadline or in the offseason.
The way it might play out - he goes on IR and never plays a snap this year. Depending on how this season plays out, he might or might not get cut next year. He has only $1.1M guaranteed next year, so if Peterman plays well they could afford to cut him, but they would more likely hold onto him as an insurance policy through that year. Now he gets cut and has to find something with another team, but his stock will have fallen and 2 more classes of young guns will be available for less money.

I wish hm well, but realistically he needs Peterman to play like garbage or get hurt.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The way it might play out - he goes on IR and never plays a snap this year. Depending on how this season plays out, he might or might not get cut next year. He has only $1.1M guaranteed next year, so if Peterman plays well they could afford to cut him, but they would more likely hold onto him as an insurance policy through that year. Now he gets cut and has to find something with another team, but his stock will have fallen and 2 more classes of young guns will be available for less money.

I wish hm well, but realistically he needs Peterman to play like garbage or get hurt.
Yeah I'm thinking more of the same here, but I really think the best thing is for some organization like NE, Pit, NO, or SD pick him up on the deadline to inspire interest in his stock because everyone in the AFCE is thinking of how to beat the Pats, everyone in the AFCN is thinking of how to beat Pit and Bal, and not thinking of safe ways to have long term success.

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
I watched the Browns Bills game last night and Josh Allen was the more impressive QB. But, he was playing against the 2's and 3's of the Cleveland Browns.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I've got a feeling McCarron is done in Buffalo. They are now looking to add another quarterback. Which tells me management doesn't believe McCarron is coming back in the next two to three weeks minimum. I think we all can agree even if healthy, he was going to be on a very short leash with Allen there. As long as Allen could fog a mirror he was going to be inserted during the regular season at some point. I hate it for AJ. But it just seems like being a starting QB in the NFL isn't in the cards for him. Doesn't mean he can still be a backup. But I think his chance as a starter is quickly slipping away.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24424933/buffalo-bills-discuss-signing-another-qb-aj-mccarron-remains-sidelined

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I've got a feeling McCarron is done in Buffalo. They are now looking to add another quarterback. Which tells me management doesn't believe McCarron is coming back in the next two to three weeks minimum. I think we all can agree even if healthy, he was going to be on a very short leash with Allen there. As long as Allen could fog a mirror he was going to be inserted during the regular season at some point. I hate it for AJ. But it just seems like being a starting QB in the NFL isn't in the cards for him. Doesn't mean he can still be a backup. But I think his chance as a starter is quickly slipping away.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ning-another-qb-aj-mccarron-remains-sidelined
To be fair, they are looking into the possibility. Depends on the diagnosis. But this tells you that they had planned to carry all 3 QB on their roster

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.