Which factor will determine how much longer Saban coaches?

Which will determine how much longer Saban coaches?

• Championships

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Years

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I won't be wrong.
It's not "won't be," you are definitely wrong. You have to pay attention to his own words, that he wouldn't know how to not be part of a team. Health would be the only thing to stop him. You've offered nothing of substance at all other than your convention that you are convinced of your invincibility. Personally, it appears you're furthering that agitator role you love so much. We all get your point. Now drop it...

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Personally, I think he wants to at least have the most number of football national championships at Alabama. He's tied with Bryant for most number of total championships, but he's short one to tie Bryant for most number of national championships at Alabama. If Urban and Dabo are still maintaining their schools' success when CNS decides to coach the Lake Burton Ducks, I still Dabo having more success long-term than Urban. Ultimately, CNS seems to be very comfortable in what he's doing and still maintaining the impossibly high success at Alabama. Aside from his first season at Alabama, his worst season is the 10-3 year with winning the Capital One Bowl. That is simply incredible to me.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
You know, I can see compelling reasons on each side, so I would not be surprised either way...
It's funny, I always put my fingers in my ears and sing "la, la, la" when the conversation turns to Saban retiring. I just don't want to entertain the idea until after the fact. Maybe that is the reason I can't see the Dabo coming home scenario. It is a good thing that there are a lot of years of football yet to play before we really have to deal with it. I really love the coach we have now and will be taking it in one day at a time enjoying the moment.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I am still opposed to Dabo coming in, and most on here know why, so I won’t get into it.

I wish we would go out and steal Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma when Saban retires. He’s one of the great offensive minds in the game right now and I’m sure we could go find him a good DC.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I wish we would go out and steal Lincoln Riley from Oklahoma when Saban retires. He’s one of the great offensive minds in the game right now and I’m sure we could go find him a good DC.
I think he's a great OC/Playcaller too... but I want to see how he fares without Baker Mayfield. Manziel made Sumlin look like the next great HC for a minute.

But I don't think we could pull that off. There would be no reason for him to leave Oklahoma.

We are ultimately above them in the CFB food chain but it would still relatively be a lateral move.

They are a Top 5 All-Time Blue-blood program themselves and the BIG12 is much easier to navigate Offensively than the SEC.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I am still opposed to Dabo coming in, and most on here know why, so I won’t get into it.

Based on what? Baker Mayfield would make anyone look awesome.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He even made the Browns look good.
Yeah I think Lincoln Riley has been blessed with Mayfield since he was at OU 14-present. I really think based on the dumb plays he called against Clemson and UGA in critical situations he is probably Kevin Sumlin 2.0 in disguise.

Like him or hate him Mayfield is a great qb. I think OU would’ve been a wild game had we played them and I think it would be one of those 45-40 type games. So I’m happy UGA beat them.

HSV256

1st Team
Sep 7, 2006
Huntsville, AlaBAMA
You know, I can see compelling reasons on each side, so I would not be surprised either way...
I've always been intrigued by the idea of Dabo at Bama, but there was once a time when many weren't too keen on it. I believe that has changed with time, and I also believe his recent trip back home to speak may have been a turning point...

Tide-HSV, I havent been around as long as you, but Ive been around long enough to say "never say never" (afterall, Saban would never come to Alabama, right?).

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I think he's a great OC/Playcaller too... but I want to see how he fares without Baker Mayfield. Manziel made Sumlin look like the next great HC for a minute.

But I don't think we could pull that off. There would be no reason for him to leave Oklahoma.

We are ultimately above them in the CFB food chain but it would still relatively be a lateral move.

They are a Top 5 All-Time Blue-blood program themselves and the BIG12 is much easier to navigate Offensively than the SEC.
I don't see that as being Bama's mentality. Been keeping up with the Tide for....a very long time, and I just think that would require more than our HC to retire. A complete sell out would need to happen even on the BOT.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
well preseason but I get your point. I didn't watch, did he play against the starters?
I saw a little of it, and he looked like he will be ready a quarter of the way through the season if tyrod isn’t getting it done. I have better feelings about him than I did about Johnny or any Browns QBs in the last 20 years.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I saw a little of it, and he looked like he will be ready a quarter of the way through the season if tyrod isn’t getting it done. I have better feelings about him than I did about Johnny or any Browns QBs in the last 20 years.
Agreed, it wasn't who he was playing against, it was how completely in control of the offense he was. He played like a long time team leader, not a rookie.

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018
I think his health will be the primary factor, and it appears that he is in good health. He loves what he does so why not go for as long as he can. I think if there's a fall-off that might hasten his retiring and I think that the primary cause of a fall-off would be the constant turnover of coordinators and coaches on Alabama's coaching staff. With long-time assistants, the coaches can coach and Saban could become more of a CEO delegating and the system would continue.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.