Right Wing Conspiratorialism and Extremism

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
I was a long-time member before being given a sort of involuntary sabbatical from Non-Sports a few years ago.

I remember how much support Dubya got on this forum, only to whither away after he crashed the country's economy and got us tangled up in 2 almost-intractable wars.

His supporters either disappeared or joined the Constitution Party, or otherwise disavowed ever supporting him.

This time around, I don't see a lot of hard-core Trump supporters. I suppose common sense will tell you why. I struggle to figure out how anyone can alibi all of his stunts, tweets, bumbling actions away.

Maybe it's because I think Dubya was a decent man who loved his wife and country. The current President lacks just about all of these or any redeemable qualities.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I was a long-time member before being given a sort of involuntary sabbatical from Non-Sports a few years ago.

I remember how much support Dubya got on this forum, only to whither away after he crashed the country's economy and got us tangled up in 2 almost-intractable wars.

His supporters either disappeared or joined the Constitution Party, or otherwise disavowed ever supporting him.

This time around, I don't see a lot of hard-core Trump supporters. I suppose common sense will tell you why. I struggle to figure out how anyone can alibi all of his stunts, tweets, bumbling actions away.

Maybe it's because I think Dubya was a decent man who loved his wife and country. The current President lacks just about all of these or any redeemable qualities.
everything old is new again

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

At some point, before I die, maybe, just maybe, this country will get to a place where we elect real “leaders” - those who lead by example, who make decisions based on “truthful” information (I still think Dubya knew the “yellow cake” lie was precisely that) and who have, first and foremost, the best interests of the WHOLE country at heart in every path they undertake.
Nah - just wishful thinking. Too many greedy idiots. I don’t think I could live that long....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
At some point, before I die, maybe, just maybe, this country will get to a place where we elect real “leaders” - those who lead by example, who make decisions based on “truthful” information (I still think Dubya knew the “yellow cake” lie was precisely that) and who have, first and foremost, the best interests of the WHOLE country at heart in every path they undertake.
Nah - just wishful thinking. Too many greedy idiots. I don’t think I could live that long....

My wife's deceased Grandfather was assistant to Sen. Jim Allen before serving as undersecretary of the USDA. He then went on to start a consulting firm where he served as a lobbyist for the beef industry, making truckloads of money.

I once asked him what it would take to "fix" our politics. He told me it would never be fixed until you get rid of every single lobbyist. There is too much money and power at stake. Thought it was telling considering he made his fortune as a lobbyist...

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

Unfortunately I believe the American brand of Capitalism/Republicanism has morphed into something that is totally destructive to global society. Case in point is Trump and Putin's aim to enter into a new nuclear arms race at the behest of their respective military-industrial complex even though it is a given that climate change is an existential threat to civilization. I find it difficult to see any ray of hope that this direction can be altered.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

When a former member of this board was nominated for the federal bench, his membership here was made public and a bunch of lefty groups started sharing his posts on social media.

I wonder what they thought when they scanned the board and saw that a place mostly made up of people from or educated in Alabama wasn’t a haven for knuckle dragging Trumpies.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I've admitted to many instances of poor judgment in the past. These would have to inlude supporting W and the border wall and the wars and lots of other things.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
When a former member of this board was nominated for the federal bench, his membership here was made public and a bunch of lefty groups started sharing his posts on social media.

I wonder what they thought when they scanned the board and saw that a place mostly made up of people from or educated in Alabama wasn’t a haven for knuckle dragging Trumpies.

Wow! I didn't know that. I thought we were all pretty much a self-contained treehouse.

Geez. Good thing I'm not running for anything. That sucks that someone would do that. I don't care if the guy was righty or lefty. He has the right to somewhat anonymity here, or at least he should be given a helluva lot of leeway here. Unless he's posting fart jokes and sexual innuendos(like I would do). ;)

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Wow! I didn't know that. I thought we were all pretty much a self-contained treehouse.

Geez. Good thing I'm not running for anything. That sucks that someone would do that. I don't care if the guy was righty or lefty. He has the right to somewhat anonymity here, or at least he should be given a helluva lot of leeway here. Unless he's posting fart jokes and sexual innuendos(like I would do). ;)
He outed himself long ago - I believe to tell us about his book - so...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
He outed himself long ago - I believe to tell us about his book - so...
He did, he outed himself for personal gain to promote a book he wrote. He also said a lot of positive things about the Trump admin that many of the righties ate up because of his GOP bonafides without ever disclosing that his wife was Chief of Staff to Don McGann the Whitehouse Council. I did and do feel bad for the guy but it was all his doing

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I met the guy, and he was polite enough.

On the original Trump thread (about "can he win" that began prior to the first primaries), he was actually very prescient about Trump's philosophy more so than most here. He even told us what a sack of crap Ted Cruz actually is in DC (viewed that way even among his own party teammates in the Senate). And he wrote a couple of opinion pieces that appeared on CNN that he linked here, which may have outed him in addition to his ghost book.

But the bigger problem that I had with him was that he was appointed to be a JUDGE, which ALL of us (left, center, right) should hold to much higher standards than elected officials.

He seemed to have a real problem with people correcting him on things. He and Earle got into it over whether Obamacare would be overturned even after the 5-4 ruling vindicated it in 2012. (I don't follow legalese, but it was some other back door legal way to overturn it).

He - alone of everyone I saw - thought Romney was going to win because they had polls that showed them this (he told me this about ten days before the election). It was close to the later nonsense that (I think it was) Karl Rove spewed on Fox News after Obama had already won Ohio (again - didn't see it, heard about it later).

He also insisted via his instructor Dershowitz that the OJ Simpson was, in fact, guilty, but the cops had actually tampered with the scene to make it easier to convict. (How they got this EDTA contaminated blood on site hours before Simpson's blood was drawn was never answered).

So I did question his ability to function in that role given his propensity for argument here that was sometimes based more on what nonsense a lawyer could throw out there than on common sense.

Nice guy, though. I did feel (as Jon mentioned) for him, but by the same token he had done himself in.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Coast Guard officer allegedly wanted to conduct a mass killing, had political and media hit list

A Coast Guard lieutenant arrested last Friday on gun and drug charges allegedly wanted to conduct a mass killing.

Christopher Paul Hasson, 49, of Silver Spring, Maryland, is alleged to be a white supremacist who had a hit list that included prominent Democratic politicians as well as several journalists from CNN and MSNBC. Hasson's case was first circulated by counterterrorism expert Seamus Hughes and the George Washington Program on Extremism.

Hasson'***** list includes Democratic politicians -- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, of New York, Sens. Chuck Schumer, of New York, Cory Booker, of New Jersey, Richard Blumenthal, of Connecticut and Kamala Harris, of California and former Rep. Beto O'Rourke, of Texas -- as well as CNN journalists Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo and Van Jones and MSNBC's Chris Hayes, Ari Melber and Joe Scarborough...

Court documents say Hasson espoused extremist and white supremacist views and allege that he relied on the manifesto of Anders Breivik, a Norwegian who was convicted in 2011 of two terror attacks that killed 77 people... In [a] draft email, apparently written to a known American neo-Nazi leader, Hasson allegedly wrote, "We need a white homeland as Europe seems lost."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
remember when this board went absolutely apoplectic over the Obama Administration's calling out right wing extremism as a huge and growing problem? I do
yep. creeping sharia law from the kenyan-muslin usuper was the only thing we were supposed to care about

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.