Ole Miss Unveils New Shark Mascot

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/08/ole-miss-rebels-new-mascot-landshark-tony-photo-reaction-football

But there’s just one tiny problem with all this: Landshark Tony is actually terrifying. Not in a traditional Jaws shark way, but he’s kind of weird and creepy looking, like the costume was haphazardly thrown together in the dark.

Seriously though, what is this thing?

It doesn’t look like a real shark, it doesn’t look like Left Shark and, as college football’s Reddit account actually pointed out, it kind of looks like an iron.

But regardless of what you think it looks like, this probably isn’t what many fans had envisioned for the new on-field mascot. So we rounded up our favorite reactions to Landshark Tony.
https://twitter.com/LandsharkTony/status/1028349461674819590/photo/1

Whew boy.

pastorbt

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 9, 2017
I saw this earlier today.....and I thought it was a joke....But since IT IS Ole Miss.....! Somebody cue "Colonel Reb is Crying"

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I won't even share my Ole Miss grad wife's reaction. For the life of me, I don't understand adopting a 40+ year old SNL skit. How many here even remember watching a landshark skit?

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
They should have quit at black bear, ,some one needs to do an intervention in Oxford. All you have to do to inflict harm at ole Miss is hand them a rope and or a shovel and they will do the rest while we watch.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
What do you get when you cross Colonel Reb, a black bear and a land shark? I don't know either but it gets scheduled for a lot of homecoming games.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.