Maryland HC DJ Durkin Placed on Admin Leave After Player Died. Toxic Culture Alleged

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
"We" don't like using the short knives because it means getting closer to the situation and probably finding out things that doesn't necessarily fit "our" narrative.
In the race in the media between being right and being first, I would much rather my news source be right than first. Most in the media seem focused on being first.
When I go to a sports network, I want sports. Period. When tOSU has decided what they are going to do Coach Meyer, then that will be news. Same for Maryland. I do not want moralizing on what they should do, or the latest rumour from a guy whose cousin has a friend inside the Maryland Athletic department. My advice to the four-letter sports network is to slow the heck down and let things come to you.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
When I was a senior in high school we had no air conditioning at school, on the bus, in the car or at home. For most of us who were not from wealthy families. We had no cable or satellite, no VCR or DVD, not smart phones or tablets and, OMG, not even an internet.

So we played outside a lot, where it was cooler than inside. The coaches could push us in practice because we were used to the heat.

Now every kid I know stays inside with the air conditioning, the tablets and the cable/satellite and CD player. No wonder they fall out on the field.

The only time any of my five grandkids go outside is on the way to and from the air conditioned car. Even the one who plays BB is in an air conditioned gym. Maybe they should take a look at this modern culture.
My grandkids also!

One thing that affects the Current Conditioning of athletes is their HUGE out-of-shape size. When I was in high school, we didn't have very many guys that were over 200 lbs. Now, these guys are over 300 lbs. Does the field shake when they run 100+ yard wind-sprints?

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
My grandkids also!

One thing that affects the Current Conditioning of athletes is their HUGE out-of-shape size. When I was in high school, we didn't have very many guys that were over 200 lbs. Now, these guys are over 300 lbs. Does the field shake when they run 100+ yard wind-sprints?
Probably not because majority of them can't run 20 yards without sucking wind and stopping.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I had dinner with a Maryland grad last night in Baltimore. People he knows close to the program are expecting the President, Evans and Durkin to be fired. Durkin probably within the next few days, followed by Evans not long after that. They may leave the president in place short term to help in the search for a new AD but most expect him out the door shortly after that decision has been made.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.