Yikes: Bridge collapse in Italy

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Wow! What a horrific failure of a bridge.
The design of the bridge has been criticized in the past. Antonio Brencich, a professor specializing in reinforced concrete construction at the University of Genoa, called the span “a failure of engineering” in an interview in 2016.“That bridge is wrong. Sooner or later it will have to be replaced. I do not know when. But there will be a time when the cost of maintenance will be higher than a replacement,” he told Italian media Primocanale.
LINK

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Today's Italians have many virtues. Civil engineering may not be one of them. The Romans could building things to last,

but today's Italians are not Romans.
This event is sad and painful, and my heart goes out to those who lost family and friends.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Today's Italians have many virtues. Civil engineering may not be one of them. The Romans could building things to last,

This event is sad and painful, and my heart goes out to those who lost family and friends.
Boy, are they ever not. They are a genetic petri dish. As Metternich said, back in the mid 1800s, they are only a geographic expression. To quote one source on haplogroups, they consist of "Near Eastern farmers, Italic tribes, Ligurians, Etruscans, Phoenicians, Greeks, Celts, Goths, Lombards, Byzantines, Franks, Normans, Swabians, Arabs, Berbers, Albanians, Austrians and more"...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

what have the romans ever done for us

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.