LSU loses 1, possibly 2 QB's

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
It was announced down here yesterday that LSU redshirt freshman QB Lowell Narcisse has announced he will transfer. He had missed a couple of practices, and it's said that the real surprise is that he beat redshirt junior Justin McMillan to the punch. McMillan has also missed practices, and just graduated, so he can go anywhere he wants. If McMillan also transfers, that would leave LSU with just two QB's, OSU transfer Joe Burrow, and sophomore Myles Brennan. It looks like everyone's conceding the job to Joe Burrow.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
A sign of the times unfortunately. I expect the same situation at UGA and Clemson. Too many highly rated QBs and 1 football. We know that story all too well.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Burrow is legit, but this puts them in a really tough spot if he gets injured. Orgeron created this when he brought in Burrow so late in the game, but maybe they needed Burrow enough to take the risk.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I figured all along that the main competition was going to be between Brennan and Burrow but I also wasn't expecting anyone to split in Mid-August.

This is Blake Barnett level quitting on your team. Transfer time is Dec/Jan to March/April...... not 2 weeks before Game 1 of your season.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
From a lot of reports coming out Baton Rouge, Burrow is very legit and if they can keep him healthy. LSU may not be the one dimensional , one hand tied behind their back offense anymore. A lot of LSU people I know who follow the program very close are beginning to really get excited about their offense.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Something tells me that their head coach went and asked the OC, "Has there ever been a no QB offense before? Hell, let's try it."

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Probably not a bad sign for LSU. Joe Burrow established himself as the #1 QB quickly and that is likely a positive sign for their offense all things considered.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The harsh reality for these 2 QBs - they were going to play behind Brennan and Burrow anyway. I get the Narcisse transfer. He saw himself as the heir apparent and was passed by Burrow. Brennan is a better passer. So the young gun takes his show elsewhere. But I am not sure why McMillan is leaving. He is not a P5 QB. He should never have received an offer from LSU. Since he only praised Miles and Cameron in his tweet announcement, I am left to assume that he doesn't care for Orgeron.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Burrow is real good QB, but I wonder if he can handle SEC schedule. LSU are in serious trouble if they lose Burrow to injuries....
I think the irony that may happen this season with LSU (from what I'm being told) is that they seem to have finally found a quarterback but they don't expect to have as good of a running game. They don't have that big name back as they seem to have had for the last ten years. But you never know who may emerge once the games get going.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Come to X school, and if you din't win the starting job transfer to Y school, then Z school. It's the nature of the game now for many prospects, very unsettling.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
From a lot of reports coming out Baton Rouge, Burrow is very legit and if they can keep him healthy. LSU may not be the one dimensional , one hand tied behind their back offense anymore. A lot of LSU people I know who follow the program very close are beginning to really get excited about their offense.
I remember when they were excited about Mett throwing all over the field to Landry and OBJ.

Then, they got excited because Matt Canada "does a bunch of motion stuff!"

With the new OC, I just can't imagine them going to some great passing attack.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I remember when they were excited about Mett throwing all over the field to Landry and OBJ.

I don't think their excitement is due to them expecting an Oklahoma Sooner type passing game. But a competent one that balances their offense. Let's be honest, there have been a few games in the past three years or so that if they would have had even a decent to average passing game would have more than likely not lost six in a row to us.

Last edited:

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama

Amazing they didn't get more out of those great WR.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
LSU's 2013 offense was fantastic. We got a few timely stops and took advantage of one of their worst defensive units of the last decade to TOPball that game into a comfortable win.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.