Outside of the SEC, most hated team???

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Notre Dame. Nick would still need 3 to tie the Bear if not for Notre Dame and their Charmed existence.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
It was Noter Lame for decades.

Now, i can't gin up the loathing i once could. I AM enjoying their run of irrelevance. Hope it continues.

Lately it would be Michigan; because of Hairball.

Last edited:

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Long time lurker but had to register for this. I'm a bama fan since 1988. With that said, I love all college football and watch as many games as possible. I'll pull for Auburn, Georgia, etc a lot of times outside of them playing bama. There's only one team I hope gets blown out by 50+ every game and that's Tennessee. Not cause of Fulmer either though it should be a huge part. The fans. Every fan base has their crazies but they're so far out of touch with reality that it's borderline insanity. Already believe Pruitt will be the next Saban. Hope Grier passes for 600 yards. Ah now I feel better. Back to the basement I go [emoji1]
Uh, er, um . . . Tennessee is still in the SEC. :)

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Surprised to see Michigan mentioned a few times. We've only played them 4 times ever with the series split 2-2.

All meetings have been from 1988 to 2012 and none have impacted any kind of Championship.

For those of you who listed them.... why the hatred?

*B1GTide I know why!!...LOL

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Notre Dame TOPS my list! I do think ARROGANCE is the reason. They haven't been RELEVANT for years. I hope it stays that way, but they may be in this
year's FINAL FOUR. Hmmmmmm.

However, I would like to thank them for Coach Thomas in the 1930's and 1940's.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
It was Noter Lame for decades.

Now, i can't gin up the loathing i once could. I AM enjoying their run of irrelevance. Hope it continues.

Lately it would be Michigan; because of Hairball.
It will always be Notre Dame for me. The arrogance. The BCS exemption they received back in that era. The exclusive TV contract that ensures we have to see some God-awful game against Boston College or Pitt. The way the media fawns over them and starts treating them like a NC contender if they start 2-0 with one of those wins being over a sanctioned USC or discombobulated Texas. It's infuriating.

On the plus side, I love watching them get thrashed in their bowl games when they get matched up with a team with a pulse.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Surprised to see Michigan mentioned a few times. We've only played them 4 times ever with the series split 2-2.

All meetings have been from 1988 to 2012 and none have impacted any kind of Championship.

For those of you who listed them.... why the hatred?

*B1GTide I know why!!...LOL
Maybe it’s because the last time we lost to them it started the streak of kicking woes, and we had to be the doormat for the goat of QBs coming out party *** kinda blue font ***

But their fans really are horrible. They will bring up irrelevant stuff like the Civil War during football games. True story

Last edited:

Crimson Duck

Sep 27, 2010
Montana
Michigan and Penn State. I have attended games at most of the big programs. Although I really dislike Notre Dame, their fans and the whole experience was kind of cool. But the Big House was 100,000 of the most oafish, ill-mannered clowns I have ever had contact with. And Penn State because of their asinine devotion to a man who allowed a child molester to run rampant.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
I wasn’t around for the ND hate but enjoyed watching Bama thump em in Miami. However...

1. tOSU (see 2014 CFPSG)
2. USCw (I was so sick of Herbstreit singing their praises in the 2000’s)
3a. Texas (most fans act like they never lost to us in the 2010 BCSNCG and they are more obnoxious than UGA fans)
4b. Oklahoma (beating a SEC team seems to be the only argument they have with no rings to show for it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastorbt

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 9, 2017
No particular order.
Buckeyes
USC
Notre Dame
The U
Tejas
Criminoles
Michigan
Boise State - all because of the Blue Field!

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
For me it's Miami. I remember watching us play them for homecoming in the early 70's. Then in the 80's they had there flash when Jimmy Johnson gave them some wins and a well deserved thug reputation. The 1993 Sugar bowl was one of my favorite victories. It was so nice to put them back in their place. I would love to see them go back to being our homecoming cupcake.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It used to be Notre Dame, but it's no fun hating somebody that isn't very good.

Florida St, well, we beat them.

Ohio St? Maybe, some of their online base has gotten insane since Urban came aboard (no reflection on B1G here). Their inconvenient arguments last fall didn't set well with me ("But you played Mercer while we played OU" is a terrible argument).

Oklahoma - I like wishbonesooner, who posts here off and on, but a lot of them have adopted the view "Alabama can't beat us" and, of course, they cite as "evidence" the 2014 Sugar Bowl and - my personal favorite - 2003. (Yes, there's actually some clowns who think beating a 4-9 team by 7 points using a fake punt is proof of something).

USC when they were good, not so much fun now (and we pancaked them with a true freshman in his first game).

Nebraska maybe......

"Hate" is basically code for "team I don't like because they beat us."

I mean, we really haven't had that problem at Alabama in a decade......

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Always been Notre Dame without a doubt...But...living in Georgia, UGA and their fanbase are reaching an intolerable level.
Not sure why I as a Bama fan take crap from bunch of sidewalk fans that haven't won anything...yet. They may, then they can crow, but jeez, win something first before you call yourself heirs to the throne that we own!!! RTR!!!

Last edited:

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS
A lot of teams roll around in my mind but Texas stands out. They destroyed their conference (with Oklahoma's help) and had the gall to try and throw money at CNS to hire him away from us.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.