Outside of the SEC, most hated team???

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Maybe it’s because the last time we lost to them it started the streak of kicking woes, and we had to be the doormat for the goat of QBs coming out party *** kinda blue font ***

But their fans really are horrible. They will bring up irrelevant stuff like the Civil War during football games. True story
Same thing happened to me with a former roommate of mine who is a Penn State fan. “Well we won the war”.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
1. Notre Dame

2. State Penn

3. Michigan

4. Texas (the top 4 are terribly arrogant and have given plenty of other reasons to hate them through the years)

5. Miami (dropped off the radar for a while and I enjoyed their suffering)

6. Oregon (has a school that has done less had more arrogant fans?)

7. USC (mostly just because they are USC)

8. Oklahoma (mainly because of big mouthed coaches)

9. Ohio St (hypocritical snobs, mostly - BIGTide being an exception)

10. North Carolina (same as #9 and mostly basketball related)

Anything below #3 is just strong to mild dislike and/or annoyance.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Troy :rolleyes:

I pull for Notre Dame because most of my friends hate them. We have a core group of 5 guys that watch a lot of college football together and two of us will pull for ND which makes watching the games a lot of fun. Of course when watching Bama games, I’m a lone wolf!

i don’t like Texas, USCw, Oklahoma, and currently Michigan.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
1a Nebraska- If you still have respect and admiration for Nebraska because they are a blueblood then I suggest you move to Nebraska for a year and see the obnoxious and stupid fanbase they have. They give UGA a run for their money in that department

1b Oregon- I'm glad I was deployed in 2010 because I have no idea how bad barn fans were, but I surely wasn't cheering for Oregon. Ill put it this way... blitzkrieg (for those who remember him) is probably one of their better fans if that gives you an idea of how bad they were.

3. Oklahoma- The team always seems to just get the benefit of the doubt for the 2000 season and flashy players. The fans I met in my time in the Midwest are kinda like our fans so I don't have anything about their fans to say

4. Michigan- Lets just say its the fans that make me not like this fan base.

5. Florida State- I just have never liked them, and nothing in recent history has changed. I hate when Auburn plays in a NCG because its always against a team I don't like

6. Texas- I just cant stand their constant whinning

7. UCF- obvious

8. Boise St- obvious

9. Okie Lite- I just wouldn't mind to see them lose with the exception to Oklahoma. I just never really cared for them

10. UCLA- because its UCLA and Chip Kelly

Last edited:

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Before Saban arrived, I used to have a burning dislike for several college teams, for one reason or another. Notre Dame, Auburn and UT stand out. But after what we've seen out of Saban I have more of a condescending indifference towards them.

During the Bryant years, Bama fans were both classy and cocky. I never dreamed we would thread that needle again but here we are. :smile:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I can’t say I actually hate any teams outside the SEC. It’s hard to hate teams when they can’t beat you consistently. But there are a few teams I get a chuckle out of when they lose.

1) Oregon- They represent everything wrong with college football imo. Mickey Mouse offense, atrocious uniforms, corporate backing, and an obnoxious sense of entitlement for a team that has struggled to win much more than its conference.

2) Ohio State- One of my best friends growing up was a huge OSU fan; they were great under Tressel for the most part and had just won the NC and he talked nonstop smack for years. Florida trashing them in 2006 was great and finally got him to shut up. He then liked to trash Tim Tebow and claimed Urban Meyer was a gimmicky coach. Now for some reason Urban Meyer is the greatest coach of all time.... I’ve tried to pull for Ohio State. I really have. But I almost invariably find myself pulling for whoever they are playing.

3) Oklahoma- I used to like Oklahoma but for whatever reason Bob Stoops decided to start trash talking Alabama all the time and the fans followed and haven’t stopped, so I enjoy it when they lose. And Baker Mayfield was sooo annoying.

Outside of that, we really need to play and beat South Carolina again. It has been a stupidly long time. Being from SC I STILL hear nonsense about the 2010 game like it is still relevant and I would like to see Gamecock fans get a new buttwhooping memory. Other than that I don’t mind USC. They just need to be reminded of their place.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
One word, Coach Hairball. I used to pull for the against OSU but very hard to do now.

Surprised to see Michigan mentioned a few times. We've only played them 4 times ever with the series split 2-2.

All meetings have been from 1988 to 2012 and none have impacted any kind of Championship.

For those of you who listed them.... why the hatred?

*B1GTide I know why!!...LOL

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
1a Nebraska- If you still have respect and admiration for Nebraska because they are a blueblood then I suggest you move to Nebraska for a year and see the obnoxious and stupid fanbase they have. They give UGA a run for their money in that department
In 1983-84, I worked in a shop as a janitor under my Dad's supervision at Sembach AFB. There was an E-5 who had come to Sembach from Nebraska, and he was a nice guy until you got him riled up about Nebraska, whom he hated with a passion. He was there when Clemson beat Nebraska for the national title (it was a 1 vs 4 game), and he bought a shirt that said, "Nobody Beats Clemson" (the game was on NBC). He also had another one that on the front said, "Penn State #1" and on the back, "Thanks, Nebraska".

My hate goes back to 1981, when Nebraska's players said prior to the Orange Bowl that they had never heard of Clemson and didn't know where they were from.

Defensive end Jimmy Williams said, "Clemson, that's in North Carolina." Backup QB Mark Maurer - who wound up playing in place of the injured Turner Gill ("if Turner hadn't got hurt".....) didn't do much better: "Isn't that in South Carolina?"

This gave way to misguided assessments like this:

"I just think NU is the best team in college football right now and Clemson an overrated Eastern patsie primed for a thrashing...Clemson is ranked No. 1 in the country largely by default. While other ranked teams have fallen to deserving opponent, the Tigers own an early win over Georgia as their top billing....Nebraska 27 Clemson 13" (Kevin Haskin, Iola-Register, December 30, 1981, p 11).

1) He's correct about one thing: Clemson basically shuffled to the top by a process of elimination in 1981. That part is unquestionably true. Clemson rose to #1 after Penn State laid out Pitt, 48-14, the same day Coach Bryant won 315.

2) Clemson also beat a top ten ranked North Carolina that year. He argued in a circle - "the Eastern teams are no good so Clemson didn't beat anybody."

3) Nebraska lost to Iowa in game one and Penn St in game three. Penn St lost a close one to Jim Kelly's Miami team and then got rolled by Alabama for Bryant's 314th win. I'll admit 1981 was one of the best years on record for the Big 8, but the truth is this: had Georgia not given up a 4th down 33-yard touchdown bomb to Dan Marino, the general consensus AT THE TIME was that Georgia (the defending champ remember) was the best team in the country. That's why the Dawgs were #2 behind Clemson going into the bowl games. (UGA turned the ball over NINE times to Clemson in the 13-3 loss). We were #3 despite a loss and a tie.

FWIW - Nebraska was favored by 4 over Clemson. Danny Ford took Clemson down early into the Florida humidity and the game temp was in the high 70s with high humidity; Nebraska had just come from the snow.

Also - Danny Ford like Vince Dooley in 1980 was forced to defend Clemson's lackluster schedule. Ford did quite well, pointing out that if they beat Nebraska then they would have beaten the number two team (UGA), four team (Nebraska), and eight team (UNC).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
In 1983-84, I worked in a shop as a janitor under my Dad's supervision at Sembach AFB. There was an E-5 who had come to Sembach from Nebraska, and he was a nice guy until you got him riled up about Nebraska, whom he hated with a passion. He was there when Clemson beat Nebraska for the national title (it was a 1 vs 4 game), and he bought a shirt that said, "Nobody Beats Clemson" (the game was on NBC). He also had another one that on the front said, "Penn State #1" and on the back, "Thanks, Nebraska".

My hate goes back to 1981, when Nebraska's players said prior to the Orange Bowl that they had never heard of Clemson and didn't know where they were from.

Defensive end Jimmy Williams said, "Clemson, that's in North Carolina." Backup QB Mark Maurer - who wound up playing in place of the injured Turner Gill ("if Turner hadn't got hurt".....) didn't do much better: "Isn't that in South Carolina?"

This gave way to misguided assessments like this:

"I just think NU is the best team in college football right now and Clemson an overrated Eastern patsie primed for a thrashing...Clemson is ranked No. 1 in the country largely by default. While other ranked teams have fallen to deserving opponent, the Tigers own an early win over Georgia as their top billing....Nebraska 27 Clemson 13" (Kevin Haskin, Iola-Register, December 30, 1981, p 11).

1) He's correct about one thing: Clemson basically shuffled to the top by a process of elimination in 1981. That part is unquestionably true. Clemson rose to #1 after Penn State laid out Pitt, 48-14, the same day Coach Bryant won 315.

2) Clemson also beat a top ten ranked North Carolina that year. He argued in a circle - "the Eastern teams are no good so Clemson didn't beat anybody."

3) Nebraska lost to Iowa in game one and Penn St in game three. Penn St lost a close one to Jim Kelly's Miami team and then got rolled by Alabama for Bryant's 314th win. I'll admit 1981 was one of the best years on record for the Big 8, but the truth is this: had Georgia not given up a 4th down 33-yard touchdown bomb to Dan Marino, the general consensus AT THE TIME was that Georgia (the defending champ remember) was the best team in the country. That's why the Dawgs were #2 behind Clemson going into the bowl games. (UGA turned the ball over NINE times to Clemson in the 13-3 loss). We were #3 despite a loss and a tie.

FWIW - Nebraska was favored by 4 over Clemson. Danny Ford took Clemson down early into the Florida humidity and the game temp was in the high 70s with high humidity; Nebraska had just come from the snow.

Also - Danny Ford like Vince Dooley in 1980 was forced to defend Clemson's lackluster schedule. Ford did quite well, pointing out that if they beat Nebraska then they would have beaten the number two team (UGA), four team (Nebraska), and eight team (UNC).
Ill put it this way... Before I went into the military I had a strong dislike for Auburn, but after 6 years in Omaha Ive grown to respect the existence of Auburn football. I think the biggest problem with Nebraska fans are that they have no filter when talking about football because 90% of the people who live there are Husker fans and believe the same stuff they do. Here in Alabama we know that we have plenty of coworkers and family members are Auburn fans, and the average fan tends to be a lot less in your face about bragging. Yes our bragging sometimes crosses the line, but mostly its something that isn't talked about in mixed company at the Thanksgiving table. More or less it is healthy to have an instate rival.

With that said, Nebraska fans are very hostile (not physically, but I did almost get into one because some cornhead wanted to fight) to outsiders believing that Nebraska is the greatest football team, nobody compares, etc. That's why you see a lot of military members who get stationed there just absolutely hate them.

A few stories

1) You've heard this one- Bama vs LSU 2008 My friends and I didn't have a tv but really wanted to watch the game and get some good food so we went to Buffalo Wild Wings in Bellevue. We get there and all 20+ tvs are turned to Kansas and Nebraska. I ask the waitress to turn 1 of them onto Bama-LSU to which she said, "We cant because its against policy", and a Husker overheard it and came to our table and told us we should leave before they would whoop us like Nebraska did in the 70's. long story short, we ended up at applebees watching a 12 inch tv with the game on.

2) 2011 Heisman trophy- My buddy and I planned a trip to Wisconsin, and we were leaving after work. So I was wearing an Alabama shirt, and we stopped at a Dennys at 5 am in the morning after the Heisman trophy was awarded. Well there was only 3 people besides us in there. Well this waitress saw my shirt, and gave me a look. Well she goes over to the table beside us and was making small talk with them. She eventually got to the topic of the Heisman and said it where I could hear her, " I'm just glad the guy from Alabama didn't win it, because you know that donkey coach of theirs paid the BCS to get them in the national championship. I hope LSU kills them". Keep in mind I said nothing at all to her prior to this.

3) In 2012 we had a manning issue that required some NNG (Nebraska National Guardsmen) to help us out. Well we had a guy that seemed okay, but when he started to become too comfortable at what he said. He found out I was a Bama fan, and he was okay for awhile. But then he started with to speak nonsense. He even got as far to saying Nebraska was a better team than Bama in 2012. It got really bad when Johnny beat us because he started on and on and on at how we lost to Nebraska's whipping boy.

Ive got more, but they are horrible

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.