2018 Charlie Compton Award

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Since the early 1960's the Bama Football team attends Calvary Church in Tuscaloosa on Squad Sunday in August. The team selects a winner of the Christian Example Award known as the Charlie Compton Award. Charlie Compton was a Bama player who played for the Tide before and after World War II. His reputation was that he was a tough hard-nosed player. He later became a missionary to Brazil. He was killed in a car accident in 1971.
This year's winner is senior offensive lineman Josh Cashier!

Congrats to Josh!
Roll Tide!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Congratulations, Josh! I hope there were a lot of players under consideration for this award. First and foremost, gentlemen, be good examples by living your lives correctly.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I went to Squad Sunday my first year in 1988. Howard Cross was the recipient. And got to hear John Hannah speak.
I worked at Huntsville Hospital in the 1980's and knew Howard Cross's Mom she was a wonderful nurse and a sweetheart of a person, her son was a heck of a ball player and the few times he came by the hospital he left a great impression on all that met him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.