With 800ish yards rushing, Mark Ingram becomes the Saints all time leading rusher

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I hope he gets it. Still my favorite RB from the Saban era...
Mine too.

But back then, if you had asked me which of our RB's were to have the best NFL career, I'm not so sure I would have said Ingram. I probably would have said Trent or Eddie.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
I feel like he will, but I think he will be missing the first four games this year. Hopefully he will still get plenty of opportunities when he gets back. I always worry that these NFL coaches forgetting about the running game.
Yes, Mark is out the first four games, so he should be well rested when he comes back. He's looked good in pre-season. There were a lot of questions with Mark early in his career, because, as you mentioned, the Saints forgot about the running game. They finally rediscovered that last year, and Mark and Alvin Kamara both had great years. Mark got about 20 touches a game and was finally able to show what he could really do. I think he can break the record this year.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Probably should have broken it a year or 2 ago if Sean Payton used him earlier in his career. Hope he gets the carries to break it this year. He averaged 70 yards a game last year and will only have 12 games to do it. So, if he maintains that pace he would have 840 yards.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Probably should have broken it a year or 2 ago if Sean Payton used him earlier in his career. Hope he gets the carries to break it this year. He averaged 70 yards a game last year and will only have 12 games to do it. So, if he maintains that pace he would have 840 yards.

Mark will have a game or two where he will better his average.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I forgot about that. I thought they reduced it to two though, or is it an ongoing thing?
I am not sure. I was listening to one of their pre-season games on the radio and the radio guy was saying he would be missing the first four games. Maybe he appealed it and had it reduced down to two though.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I am not sure. I was listening to one of their pre-season games on the radio and the radio guy was saying he would be missing the first four games. Maybe he appealed it and had it reduced down to two though.
Still at 4 games.

Mark should be happy Payton didn’t overuse him otherwise he might be out of the league by now. Having Kamara will help extend his career.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Still at 4 games.

Mark should be happy Payton didn’t overuse him otherwise he might be out of the league by now. Having Kamara will help extend his career.
Hard to argue with this since it has not hurt him financially. More years in the NFL > more yards.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
And he’s done this with a pass-first offense with one of most dynamic passers in NFL history. I’m proud of the career he’s built there. I hope he still has s few more years in the tank. 8 seasons is a long career for a RB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
The Saints have had a few very good running backs, but for only short periods of time (3-4 years, it seems like). Mark should blow that record wide open if he can just stay on his feet. And stay off of suspension.

It has been great fun as a Saints fan to have a Bama man as a major part of the team. Hasn't happened often.

rtr

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.